When the Darkness Comes

At Paula's house, where Naomi and Pearl are snuggling Marie and Marianne and Paula are in the kitchen catching up.

"You're going to New Orleans, and driving 740 miles just today?" Paula said.

"Yep, and we found that doing the entire trip in a singular day was too much as Marie's only 5 months old," Marianne laughed.

"Okay, just remember when you get on the 49, be careful when you're on the majority of the northern part," Paula replied.

"I know, I know, we tend to go a few miles under the speed limit on the interstates and highways," Marianne reassured Paula.

"Okay, text me when you get to Mallary and Bennett's," Paula responded.

"I will," Marianne said.

Driving to Han-Mi, Marianne's favorite restaurant in Chattanooga, Mallary messages Marianne.

"Sweetheart, we're just packing now, where do you want to go for dinner?" Mallary messaged.

"Okay, I'll call the group chat now," Marianne replied.

Marianne calls the group chat, and everyone answers the call.

"Hey y'all," Mallary said.

"I want Chick-Fil-A," Ruthie replied.

"That's fine with us," Mallary responded.

"See you at the Pine Bluff CFA," Marianne laughed.

On the road coming up to Wing Basket in Covington, TN, Marianne and Nehemiah's favorite wing place on the journey to Pine Bluff, AR. Marianne gets a call from Cherry, her momma.

"Hey, what's up?" Marianne asked.

"Have you heard from Elliott today?" Cherry replied.

"He sent me a message around 6:30 this morning, saying 'enjoy your trip' and then messaged me around 12:00 pm asking for money to join us on the 17th with Skylah and Ethan," Marianne responded.

"Okay, they're flying down on the 17th and coming back on the 28th," Cherry confirmed.

"Yep, see you on the 29th," Marianne said before hanging up.

After Wing Basket, Marianne calls Mallary.

"Hey, sweet girl, we're just leaving Covington now. We'll be down in roughly 3 hours. See y'all soon," Marianne said.

"Okay, we'll head up in 2 and a half hours. I bet that Wing Basket was delicious," Mallary laughed.

"It was, and it was Ruthie and Cory's first time at Wing Basket. See y'all soon, love y'all," Marianne said.

At Chick-Fil-A.

"How was the drive?" Mallary asked whilst sipping her Dr. Pepper.

"It was alright, just a long stretch of hills and hills," Marianne laughed.

"How was Marie during the drive?" Bennett asked.

"Surprisingly, amazing, but we've road tripped to Nashville a few times to meet up with management," Marianne laughed.

After leaving Chick-Fil-A, Marianne texts the Marriott address in the 'NOLA 2024' group chat

On the drive to Monroe, LA....