Chapter 2 (Celestine)

I grip the straps of my bag as I hear the bell ring indicating the end of school, I stay seated while the thoughts race through my head. What did I just do? Agree to fuck my best friend's boyfriend? No way. Fuck no, I chew on my lip contemplating just leaving without meeting Alex but...... that's not fair. The least I can do is tell him that I'm not doing this. I make my way to the parking lot but when I get near his car I see familiar blonde hair, fuck. I duck behind a random car, listening in on their conversation, "What the fuck was going on in class Alex?" She sounds pissed, good. She should be. "You mean besides you and Walter eye fucking each other?" His expression was neutral and his voice didn't let out any feelings of hurt or...... anything. To be honest..... he doesn't even seem like he cares, I never figured out why those two were together in the first place. "There was nothing going on between us bubs I promise. You're the only one I want." Geez- how much can one person lie for God's sake. I hear Alex chuckle at her before responding, "only one you want? Yeah I don't know about that nor do I frankly care. Am I the only one you're fucking? Oh definitely not. But then again, who's to say you're the only one I want, or even, the only one I'm fucking?"  Mindy goes silent for sometime but then I hear her heels step closer to him, "Is that's whats going on then? You're pity-fucking that bitch? Cause if that's the case then go on. I assure you that you'll come running to me in no time." OH my fucking gosh.... first grade. We've been best friends since first fucking grade and..... those are the words that come out of her mouth when she talks about me. Fuck no. I clutch my chest as I hold back my tears, best friend or not I am not going to cry for her. "As usual, you've got it all wrong. I don't care enough to pity anyone. I'm with her cause she's just well..... better. She's smarter, prettier- actually haven't you noticed that? How pretty she is I mean. I have, I've noticed it the time we all went to the movies, the time I came over and she was leaving from a sleepover, the time you two were chatting away and I was waiting for you..... basically anytime I saw her I noticed how pretty she was. And nice, unlike someone. But you know what surprised me? She's even better at fucking than you are. I mean with all the guys you've been with I assumed with all that experience you'd at least be good there but.....no. She's just better." My mouth hangs open with the words I just heard, I look at Mindy's face to see that she looks like she's ready to punch somebody. But she doesn't, she just walks away so fast I'm surprised her heels don't come of. I turn away from the scene,  replaying what she said about me in my head, just then I feel someone's presence near me. I turn to see those green eyes staring at me again, but this time softer. "Can I ask you a question?" I nod, not being able to talk. "How is that your best friend?" I look away as I close my eyes and sigh, I chew on the inside of my cheek when I feel a pair of soft lips lightly peck my cheek and a cold hand on mine. "Come on, I'll drop you home." I begin to protest but he already picks me up and walks me to his car. The car ride back home is quiet but.....comfortable somehow. When we reach I reach for the door handle but I don't get down, I turn to him instead. "Thank you" he looks at me with those eyes, those green eyes that are always cold but now I think... a little soft maybe. He nods and I open the car, but then he opens his mouth again. "I'll pick you up tomorrow then." I stop in my tracks immediately. "What?" He looks at me like I should know its obvious he's going to pick me up, "Well I already told her we're fucking and you saw how jealous she got right? We don't have to fuck if you don't want to but that doesn't mean we can't pretend. Plus, she sees you coming to school tomorrow with me? Her blood is gonna fucking boil. I mean..... you still wanna get back at her, don't you?" I stay quiet for a moment before telling him my answer. "I do. Pick me up at 8.45 tomorrow." The corner of his mouth goes up a little before he nods at me, "see you tomorrow then." I get out of the car and walk home. He's right. Why shouldn't I make her jealous? It's not like I'm actually doing anything so fuck it. I'm doing this. And I'm not letting her walk all over me anymore. I'm done.