Your Face, 19.09.19

Today I imagined your face, as I told you with disgrace that I wasn't worth the chase. Do you love me, or just the idea of me? Is it my delicate soul or my intellect goal?

Today I cried, as I thought about how I never lied. I've never told you that I love you and when I miss you it's very rare. Yet you stay committed to me, forever cherishing me with that beautiful loving glare. 

When will the day come, that I tell you for me it was just fun. You're not my lover, you're not my muse, you're the key to unlocking the experiences I'd otherwise lose. 

But familiarity is strong, and now you're my weekend long. I know that you'll be there, I know that you care. But now the thought of telling you is becoming too much to bare.

How will you face look, how will your heart feel? I don't want it to be because of me, that you give up every meal. 

You deserve someone who wants you just as much as you want them. You need someone who'll make you their priority times ten. 

I can easily say that I'm staying with you for you. That I don't want you to break, and for that reason I'm acting fake.

But now that I've tasted the beauty of being important in someone's mind. I'm scared to be alone, and leave you for someone else to find.