The day of the banquet has arrived. All major and minor clans are sitting at their allocated places except the sect leader of Jin clan as he took a seat higher than everyone. At the moment no one is paying attention to it as they are busy celebrating their victory in the war. Everything was going well until Jin jixun, being the arrogant and proud man he is, decided to disrupt the peace of the Lans. Jin Jixun went towards the place the gusu clan is situated and made a toast towards them. Jin jixun offered Alcohol to Lan Sect leader despite knowing that the Lans are forbidden from drinking alcohol.

Lan Xichen being a peaceful person didn't want to get caught in any arguments so he drank the alcohol, luckily he uses his golden core to dispel the alcohol from his system that way he never gets drunk, but that is not the same for Lan Wangji. Jin jixun offered a cup to Lan Wangji, who stared blankly at the cup and refused. Jin Jixun feeling humiliated started talking about how the second heir is arrogant but his words were cut down as Wei Wuxian drank the cup for him.

Wei Wuxian stepped inside the hall after a long battle with himself on how he's going to put into action the plan he and Zewu Jun came up with. As he is thinking of everything he was met with a scene of the arrogant Jin bastard forcing his Lan Zhan to drink, and knowing Lan Zhan's alcohol tolerance he decided to interfere. After drinking the alcohol he looked at Jin Jixun and told him that he'll drink on his behalf.

Wei Wuxian saw this as the perfect opportunity to let the cultivation world know who Lan Zhan is to him, so he looked at Zewu Jun who just nodded his head lightly.

*Flashback*

"I am to give lan Zhan the love he deserves"
"I'm going to fight for my soulmate"
Wei ying spoke with determination evident in his voice.

"Zewu Jun", Wei Wuxian said suddenly which made Xichen look at him as he asked " what is the problem young master Wei". Wei Wuxian on getting the attention of the older spoke " how am I going to make Lan Zhan listen to me, at the moment I don't think he'll appreciate being anywhere near me".

Zewu Jun can feel the pain laced in those words as he said " young master Wei, Wangji does not hate you, he is hurt, all you have to do is show him that you are willing to give him a chance and that will be enough for him".

"But how can you be so confident Zewu Jun, he's your brother, you are supposed to be there with him not me, why are you helping me?" Asked wei ying as he didn't understand Lan Xichen's intentions.

"Childe Wei, I only care about one person in this world and that is my brother, you are his happiness, and all I want is to see him happy, I ask for nothing more than that in this life", Xichen said looking at Wei Wuxian.

"How about you speak to him tomorrow after the banquet then" asked Xichen. Wei Wuxian who heard this suddenly put on a mischievous smile on as he thought of a way to get Lan Zhan's attention. Zewu Jun on seeing the mischievous smirk on Wei Wuxian's face asked what he's thinking about and Wei ying just replied with "Zewu Jun, all I want is your permission to be as shameless as I want to towards Lan Zhan".

Xichen chuckled as he heard this and asked " if I say no will you listen to me", making Wei Wuxian laugh at the remark as he said "NO, I'm known as the most shameless man in the cultivation world, so let me live up to my name".

" But Zewu Jun, for my plan to work, I need some sort of disruption, I mean I don't mind starting an argument but I need something more serious", Wei Wuxian said suddenly. Lan Xichen just chuckled and said " tell me, has there ever been a cultivation meeting or banquet without any arguments or unnecessary fights, just look for the right opportunity and implement your plan, I'll support you".

With that Wei Ying stood up and bowed to Lan Xichen as the sect leader left his tent to go check on his brother.

*Flashback ends*

Jin jixun who felt offended because Wei Wuxian interfered in their so called business asked " Who do think you are, you demon", Wei Ying sneered at his remark and said " are you sure you want to know who I am".

Xichen who listened to this chuckled a little but pretended to cough as he didn't want unnecessary complications to the plan Wei Ying made as he was also curious as to what Wei Wuxian is about to do. Lan Zhan on the other end glared at Jin Jixun when he called Wei Ying a demon, he wanted nothing but to cut the tongue of the man who dared to utter such a word to the man he loved, but he controlled himself as he felt he no longer had any right towards the man he once considered his soulmate.

Jin Jixun who heard Wei Wuxian glared at him and said " why are you interfering in Between Lan Sect and Jin Sect, why does a son of a servant interfere in matters that do not concern him ", wei ying's face turned dark as he heard 'son of a servant' but controlled himself as today all he wants is to talk to Lan Wangji and clear their misunderstandings. So he laughed lightly and said " how can I not interfere when it involves 'MY SOULMATE', how can I not interfere when your sect is allowing their bastard to disrespect my soulmate".

Lan Zhan who was watching the whole scene with his stoic face was shocked at the words uttered by Wei Ying that he even looked at his brother to confirm if he has not lost his mind or not, Xichen chuckled when he looked at his brother as he shook his head to prove that he has not lost his mind. Jin Jixun laughed as he thought that Wei Wuxian is fooling around again, but as he turned around what he saw shocked him.

Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan as he uttered those words and seeing this as  his chance he knelt down next to Lan Zhan, cupped his right cheek and closed the distance between them. At first he pecked his lips but when felt Lan Zhan not resisting captured his lips again but this time he deepened the kiss.

 At first he pecked his lips but when felt Lan Zhan not resisting captured his lips again but this time he deepened the kiss

Lan Zhan who was still dazed because of Wei Ying's words when felt his lips being captured was shocked. The lips he wanted to capture from the first time he met Wei Ying, those lips were actually touching his. He could not believe it, for a moment he forgot where he was and started responding to the kiss a minute after coming out of his shock, Wei Ying when felt Lan Zhan responding smiled in between the kiss. It was after a few minutes Wei Ying broke the kiss and Smiled at Lan Zhan.

Lan Xichen who was watching the whole scene was shocked as he didn't expect Wei Wuxian to actually kiss his brother in front of the whole cultivation world. Was he happy?, yes he was, he was elated, but when he looked around and saw everyone watching the whole scene with open mouths and widened eyes, he couldn't help but chuckle a little and thank the heavens his uncle is not there because he would have fainted right there.

After the WangXian couple broke the kiss, Wei Ying smiled Shyly at Lan Zhan and Lan Zhan's ears turned deep red and he whispered "Shameless" and he looked at Wei Ying's silver orbs. Wei Ying took this as his chance and put his hand in front of Lan Zhan and said " I Know that you have a lot of questions right now but give me a chance to explain myself please"

Lan Zhan looked at Xichen who looked at him and nods his head as he knew that his brother wanted to know if he can be excused for a while.
Lan Zhan on getting the responds he wanted took Wei Ying's hands and they left the hall together without paying any attention to the eyes that have been watching them, some watched in awe, others in jealousy while some boiled in anger.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan moved to Lan Zhan's tent and as soon as they entered Wei Ying took out a privacy talisman and activated it. He looked at Lan Zhan and they moved to his bed as Wei Ying took a deep breath and started speaking.

"I...I..AM SORRY LAN ZHAN, PLEASE BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, I..I ALWAYS THOUGHT MY ATTRACTION TOWARDS YOU WAS BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE YOUR FRIEND"