Teenage dirtbag ( chapter 1 )

(TW: mentioned abuse)

                               No pov

It was prom night at the Acme Delco High School. Everyone was dancing and the music was loud. People were singing and having fun, everyone except for Vance Hopper. Vance was the outcast, never had dates, and RARELY showed up to school events.
Vance felt out of place, and stood silently in the corner, eyeing the happy couples with his usual nasty glare. Seeing those couples made him sick.
Bruce Yamada, king of the baseball team. always had his eyes on a girl or they had their eyes on him. Nobody stands a chance with the Yamada kid. Typical straight-A, sport-playing student. Vance stares at the couples, but can't seem to keep his eyes off Bruce.
'Really? Yamada?'   Vance thinks to himself. Vance COULDN'T like Bruce Yamada. No way in hell, especially with his father eyeing his every move, belt in hand.

                               Bruce pov

As girls surround me, like I was some sort of boy-toy, I can't help but feel like something's missing. I look to my right, something catching my eye. Vance hopper.
The outcast boy with a nasty glare, and an even nastier reputation. Vance ALWAYS got into fights, breaking noses and spraining ankles. Bending limbs into angles nobody knew were possible. Pinball Vance.
Vance gained the nickname "Pinball Vance", because he was almost always playing the "Eight ball deluxe" machine in the "Grab-n-Go" downtown. He had the highest score, and would attack anyone who screwed with it. He carved "PBV" into some kids shoulder and got taken home in a cop car.
I just can't keep my eyes off of this kid.
I walk toward him.

                            Vance pov

I watch the couples around me, the shitty music blasting my ears. I honestly contemplate leaving entirely to go play pinball. I hate this place, it's a hellhole. But right as I start to walk out, Bruce Yamada is walking towards me.
How does he know who I am? And why does he give a damn about me?
"I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden baby, come with me Friday, don't say maybe," He says, nervousness riding with the words escaping his lips, "I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby, like you."