The Return

"Open the gate!!"

The booming voice of one of the guards sounded through the camp.

Clarke turned to Raven and lifted a curious eyebrow.

The two had been sitting in the med bay observing Clarke for any signs of real injuries. Apart from a few cuts, bruises, and a sore ankle. She was fine all things considering.

Clarke hopped off the gurney, wincing slightly when she landed.

"Careful Clark damn" Raven scolded as the exited out of the tent, the sunlight beaming onto both of them. "You're lucky it's sore right now...unless you want that sucker to break stop doing stupid shit like that."

Ravens fussing went unnoticed and unacknowledged by Clarke who just hummed a soft "mmhmm" something else holding her attention.

Raven followed Clarke line of vision and it explained it all.

There at the gate stood Monroe and Miller but in front of them...standing in all of his heroic glory. Was Bellamy. His face showed the signs of what he had been through in Mount Weather.

Bloody cuts covered his entire face. Clothes were stained with what could only be assumed as his blood and possibly others, that's to be determined, his hair was stuck to his forehead.

To anyone else he just looked like a dirty man who had just returned from war.

To Clarke.... he looked like the most gorgeous man she has ever laid eyes on.

She hadn't taken her eyes off of him when she heard Raven say.

"Go we'll catch up later."

That's all she needed. Honestly, she doesn't even remember why or how but her feet started to run.

Clarke couldn't remember the last time she ran....at least not the last time she ran while not being in danger.

But she did. She ran fast.

Before Bellamy could recognize what was happening, he saw a blur of blonde in the wind before he felt her.

He didn't have time to brace himself before her body collided against his.

Her arms went around his shoulders and her face went into the crook of neck as if it belonged there.

He let out a sigh when he felt her place little, tiny pepper kisses to his neck. Luckily for them both Octavia was standing on his other side, and she didn't see.

What she did see was the moment her big brother registered that he had made it back home safely.

He wrapped his arms tightly and securely around Clarke's body and a small smile played onto his face.

"Now that's something I thought I'd never see" Octavia commented.

Clarke let Bellamy go only for a moment to hug Octavia. "Glad you're back" she whispered into her ear.

Before returning back to him.

Octavia barked orders to kids who had returned with Bellamy. Something about setting up tents and getting food and water.

They all walked off leaving the two to themselves.

Clarke smiled at him. Wanting to reach out and caress his face but they both knew that the camp was surely looking at them and that's not what the camp needed to see from their two leaders right now.

So instead, she whispered to him.

"You had me worried sick.... I've missed you so much. I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't made it out alive. I love - "