4. "Whatever It Takes"

Boruto had seen nearly every corner of the world with his master. They both used to train every time they got a chance.

His master, Sasuke, didn't believe that Boruto was Naruto's son at first. But as their journey continued, Sasuke started to doubt his memory. He started to see Naruto's traits in Boruto.

Sasuke told Boruto that he was a lot like Naruto. The determination in his eyes had a lot of resemblance to the one that once shone in Naruto's eyes.

Though Sasuke never spoke it out loud, he had started to believe the father and son relation between his friend and his pupil was real.

As the time passed, Sasuke became like a guardian to Boruto. Boruto never said it though, Sasuke would have killed him on spot if he did.

Boruto had cried. A lot. When Sasuke sacrificed himself for Boruto's life. He swore on his life that he would bring Sasuke back.

He swore on his life that he would kill Code, and for that, he trained hard.

At the village, he had a pressing urge to kill him. But he had to get Ten Tail's information out of him.

When he saw Himawari, She has grown so much, was the first thought that came in Boruto's mind.

She looked just like Naruto, but with Hinata's hair. The look in her eyes wasn't something Boruto saw in everyone's eyes. The look in Sarada's and Sumire's eyes was different from all when they looked at him, but Himawari's was different from even them.

Boruto didn't know what it was. Nor he wanted to think about it. He had seen his sister fit and fine, he wanted nothing more than that.

Kashin Koji was someone he was now working with. He had unbelievable power, Boruto had to admit it. They both had planned to take a look at the village. For confirming Code hadn't returned.

And so, they were on their way.

Kashin Koji didn't talk much most of the times, but when he did, all that escaped his mouth were bitter words.

Boruto didn't mind. He had gotten used to such conversations. Training under Sasuke wasn't easy, after all. Especially for Boruto, who wanted to have someone to talk to, but he got Sasuke, who didn't know anything about talking at all.

It was boring, he thought. But as the time passed, Boruto found himself becoming like him. He was terrified.

Now, Boruto and Kashin were headed to Konoha, just to have a look at it. To make sure everything was going alright.

CLICK

Boruto snapped his head towards the sound and hid himself behind bushes along with Kashin.

From the other side, came out someone that Boruto least expected- no, it was totally unexpected.

Sarada... what the heck is she doing here?!

Boruto's heart nearly jumped out of his chest when he saw Kashin performing Earth Style Jutsu hand signs.

Before Kashin could complete, Boruto slapped his hands. "Don't do it, Kashin-"

"Is she someone you know?"

"...Yes. And most importantly, she's master Sasuke's daughter," Boruto stated.

"Oh,"

What is Sarada doing there-

He saw her spreading a blanket on the ground, then unzipping her bag and taking out a box of food.

Is she here on a picnic?

Boruto didn't get any time to react before Sarada threw her kunai at him. "Who's there?!" She yelled.