Volume two

Big shout out to Fanofeverything25 for requesting this movie

Edit: Just a heads up volume one got lost and I'm having to rework on it , so just enjoy this for now
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter Management
Edit Chapter
Chapter 1: Volume two

Chapter Text
O.S. "BRANDY" by LOOKING GLASS PLAYS.
EXT. FORD COBRA MUSTANG - DAY
SUPER: MISSOURI EARTH
1980

OVERHEAD SHOT: A '79 Cobra winds alongside the Missouri River, past swaying loosestrife, vibrant sugar maples, and oily self-pump gas stations. A hazy sun glints off the hood of the Cobra which, like its descendant the Milano, is orange and teal.

Luz: dad would definitely steal that car.

Amity: he already stole your neighbors cars.

We MOVE DOWN AND IN on a fresh-faced girl of 18 in the passenger seat: MEREDITH QUILL. As "Brandy" blasts from the car stereo, she pushes her fine, feathered hair from her mouth, and sings along, out-of-tune -

MEREDITH
Do do do do do do do do do do do!
The driver, a MYSTERIOUS MAN in his 30's, dressed in sleek, mod attire, LAUGHS.
Meredith LAUGHS too. She SINGS and dances with abandon in her seat. She's a lively goofball, and it's apparent where Peter Quill received much of his personality.

DAIRY QUEEN/WOODS - MOMENTS LATER
The Cobra pulls beside this Dairy Queen in a desolate area.

Amity: speaking of Dairy Queen, can we get some lunch later?

Luz: sounds really good, I've been craving a hamburger and a side of fries with gravy.

King: burger time! Burger time!

Vee: ice cream time! Ice cream time!

Hunter/ Willow: salad time! chicken and dumplings time!

WOODS BEHIND DAIRY QUEEN - MOMENTS LATER

The Mysterious Man helps Meredith down the steep hillside into the woods. "Brandy" continues to play on the car stereo in the lot behind them. Meredith GIGGLES.
MYSTERIOUS MAN This way, my river lily.

MEREDITH
Where are you taking me?

The Mysterious Man shows her a STRANGE SPROUT nestled amongst the trees.
A few inches tall and decidedly alien in nature, its delicate limbs twist and turn in a complex pattern.

MEREDITH (CONT'D) Oh. It's beautiful.
The Mysterious Man looks proudly at Meredith. With a perpetually excited glint in his eye, and the air of a self- empowerment guru, he is an intoxicating presence.

MYSTERIOUS MAN
I was afraid it wouldn't take to the soil, but it rooted quickly.
He nods toward the sky between the branches above.
MYSTERIOUS MAN (CONT'D) Soon it will be everywhere - all
across the universe, fulfilling life's one true purpose.

MEREDITH Which is what?
Expansion.
MYSTERIOUS MAN
The Mysterious Man takes her in his arms. He gazes into her eyes. She grows almost teary.
MEREDITH
I'm not sure what you're talking
about. But I like the way you say it.

MYSTERIOUS MAN
My heart is yours, Meredith Quill.

MEREDITH
I can't believe I fell in love with
a spaceman.

And they KISS, with passion, and love. "DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO!" sings Looking Glass as SOURCE BECOMES SCORE and we TILT DOWN to the plant. It TWITCHES AND GROWS AND TWISTS.
We PUSH IN ON IT, where we see the plant is made, not only of cellulose and leaves, but of a BRIGHT COSMIC LIGHT. And we KEEPING PUSHING IN, INTO THE PLANT ITSELF, more FLESH-LIKE than you'd imagine, where COLORFUL BACTERIA OVERCOMES US as "BRANDY" DISTORTS AND TRANSFORMS into something epic.