𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

July 5, 2023

Mingi walked up the stairs and just saw Yunho disappear into the bathroom. He didn't waste a second and walked after him.

Yunho looked at him in surprise when Mingi came into the bathroom after him and closed the door behind him. "Even if you're tired, I still want to talk to you now. I don't understand..." Mingi stopped in mid-sentence as he saw Yunho roll his eyes. It hurt somehow. Yunho was acting so differently that he hardly recognized him.

Yunho reached for his toothbrush and started brushing his teeth. It was as if Mingi wasn't even standing in the room. Hurt, Mingi watched him until Yunho finished.

"Why are you ignoring me? I just want to talk to you," Mingi spoke softly, trying to swallow his feelings so as not to break down at the same moment. He didn't understand what he had done wrong. Yunho finally looked at him. Mingi couldn't guess what Yunho was thinking or feeling at that moment. He was like a closed book. "Just leave me alone for a moment okay. I told you I'm tired.
I don't want to talk right now."

Yunho lowered the towel in his hand, then squeezed past Mingi and left the room. Not a second later, the first tears began to run down Mingi's face.

....

He stayed in the bathroom for a very long time until there was a soft knock. Mingi had no idea what time it was. He cleared his throat and opened the door. He recognized Yeosang's figure in the dark hallway. "You've been in there quite a while, are you okay?"

Although Mingi still didn't know if he could trust Yeosang, he slowly shook his head and took a step forward until he could hug Yeosang. Yeosang let it happen and slowly stroked his back. "Do you want to talk?" Yeosang asked softly. Mingi tried not to burst into tears again. "Can I sleep at your room tonight?" Mingi asked without thinking. Yeosang gave him a gentle hug and looked at Mingi. He stroked his cheek and smiled. "Of course. Come with me," Yeosang said, grabbing Mingi's hand and pulling him along until they reached Yeosang's room.

Yeosang closed the door behind them. The room was dark and only the neon lights on Yeosang's wall illuminated the room. Yeosang pulled Mingi to his bed. "I've just changed the sheets. You can sleep here. I'll sleep on the floor." Mingi shook his head. "Just sleep next to me."

Fortunately, Yeosang agreed, because Mingi had no energy to argue. He dropped into the soft mattress and Yeosang lay down next to him. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" Yeosang asked as they looked at each other. Mingi shook his head slowly. "Let's talk about something else."

Yeosang sighed and nodded slowly. He pulled the blanket further over Mingi. "Has everything been okay lately? I had the feeling you were ignoring me," he explained. Mingi swallowed, but he wanted to be honest. "To be honest, I don't know if I can trust you or anyone in this house." Yeosang looked at him calmly. "What makes you think you can't trust me?" he then wanted to know.

"You told me that you've never killed anyone, but I know that was a lie." Yeosang didn't seem surprised. He smiled slightly. "To be honest, it felt good to talk to someone who doesn't know everything about you. And I thought as long as you don't know what I've done, you can't judge me for it." Now Mingi smiled. "I've decided to join you guys. Do you think I could judge even one of you now?"
Yeosang grinned. "That's true."

There was silence again, and Mingi looked across the room as Yeosang continued to look at him. "I know you probably can't trust me anymore, but I'd still be happy if we stayed friends. You were the only one here who listened to me."

Mingi looked back at Yeosang and couldn't help but smile. "We can try. To be friends." Mingi said after a while and slowly closed his eyes. He noticed Yeosang putting an arm around him, then he fell asleep.