Chapter 1

Koichi looked up, kohl adorned eyelids fluttering shut almost instantly as he took in the new appearance of the Terra-Lab. He simply couldn't understand how the Ordinance found such a ghastly sight in contrast to the natural beauty of the white of clouds and azure of vast nothingness appealing in any way; Koichi certainly didn't, that was obvious.

He must have had his head tilted back for too long, long strands of pink hair cascading along the path of his back, simply losing himself and basking in the warm rays of sunshine that touched and heated his pale skin, because a mere second later, a Cherub was snarling at him, the menacing rifle that usually lay slung over a shoulder by the strap and pressed to an upper thigh having been lifted and pointed none too subtly at Koichi.

The pink haired individual immediately lowered his gaze and parted his lips to make a snide remark to the person currently eyeing him up and down as if he was nothing more than a slab of meat, but he was instantly silenced by a hand clapping to his back softly.

"Sorry, my friend here is just a bit tired from work. We'll be going now."

Koichi followed the cue of his savior to nod hastily in agreement then turn around and walk away from the situation. Once the two were out of view of the Cherub, Koichi instantly grabbed the hand that was around his waist in faux support of his tired state and gave the raven haired man a quick kiss along his defined jaw.

"Don't scare the hell out of me like that, Aoi. I was worried that Ruki finally sent Hutsugi after me," Koichi chided, a soft sigh escaping his lips as Aoi glanced around before leaning forward to press their lips together for the briefest of moments.

Koichi's anger dissipated with each moment Aoi spent showering his lips in light, tantalizing touches of his own, the latter male eventually straightening up as a Seraph gave them a warning glare.

"Don't worry so much, baby doll. You know I won't let Ruki send anyone to assassinate you."

Koichi gave a stiff nod, eyes glancing past Aoi to the crowd of people that were all too eagerly ignoring the scene before them. The pink haired male looked back toward his lover, the corners of his lips curled upwards as a smirk settled across his mouth. "Let's go somewhere more private."

Aoi returned the affectionate grin, his eyes half-lidded as he pulled Koichi flush against his own athletic frame. "My place or yours?"

"Mine."

~

Koichi lifted a hand, fingers blindly reaching for his cup of coffee.

"Here," Aoi grumbled, voice low and webbed with irritation as he resisted the urge to pull Koichi into his arms and pay the amount of homage due to the body of his lover, instead moving from his spot on the couch and grabbing the mug for which Koichi was searching and placing it a bit too near the edge of Koichi's desk for his liking.

"Thanks." Koichi tore his concentrated stare away from the screen of his laptop and projected information. The pink haired male watched as Aoi quite literally threw himself onto the leather sofa. "What's wrong?" Koichi lifted the cup in one hand and took a sip of the caramel flavored drink, a muffled giggle erupting from him as he set the mug back down on the metallic surface of his desk and Aoi raised a brow and sat up.

"Really? I thought I was going to fuck you," Aoi answered, a hand gesturing toward his neglected crotch.

Koichi broke out into a fit of laughter. He turned back toward his displayed information and used his index finger to swipe it to where he could see everything on one screen. "Sorry, babe, I'm busy; come take a look at this."

Aoi frowned slightly and stood up again, walking around the small table so that he could stand just behind the chair on which Koichi sat. He leaned forward, breath tickling Koichi's neck. Aoi planted several kisses along the pale skin, eyes focused on the projection. "Is that the System?"