Hawk and Goat

Ethan drove up to the pastry shop Emma had sent him to: Sweetie Sweethearts. Emma's list in his pocket, he strut into the shop. The bell rang through the shop, its warmness making Ethan smile.

"Hello! Welcome to Sweetie Sweethearts, how can I help you?"

"Hi, I have a list," Ethan's head was faced down as he pulled out the list, "here yo-"

His voice trailed off when he saw the boy waiting to take his order. About his age, this boy was an Esper, beautiful hawk wings sprouting from his back and sharp teeth in his shy mouth. His eyes seemed to change color at the slightest light, his messy make-up and hair being something amazing to Ethan. His eyes wandered to his name tag; This Esper's name was Leo.

"Are you okay, sir?"

"H-huh? Y-yeah, sorry, here." Ethan held out the list, terrified of Leo accidentally touching his hand.

"Thank you," Leo said, "you can wait somewhere inside the shop."

Ethan did as he was told. He couldn't tear his eyes from Leo as he prepared his order. The expert way he juggled the pastries, the way he cut the wrapping paper with his talons. It was mesmerizing.

"Alright, here you go!" Leo called, holding out the box of pastries.

"T-thanks." Ethan peeped, hugging the box as he was handed it.

"Please, come back soon!" Leo called as Ethan swiftly left.

Asura, Leo's mother and the manager of Sweetie Sweethearts, smiled from the kitchen doorway.

"Did you notice?" She asked her son.

"Notice what?"

Asura chuckled, "Never mind, then."

Asura knew that boy had found a fondness for her son. Ah, young love!

She also noticed Leo had given that boy their largest desserts.

"By the way, did that boy really order all these giant sweets?"

"I dunno, it just said any size of all of them!"

***

"There you are!" Emma huffed. "Bout time you showed up."

"Yeah, yeah." Ethan mumbled, placing the box onto the table. His mind was still on Leo, so he didn't notice the horror on Emma's face when she opened the box.

"Whu?!-These are too big! They're as big as my hands! Ethan, were you not even paying attention? I said I wanted bite sized ones!"

Ethan blinked.

"I can go back and get smaller ones!" Perfect idea! Then he could see Leo again...

"No, no!" Emma snapped, "You'll ruin it again, I'm sure. I can just cut them."

Ethan smiled as Emma grabbed a knife and carefully cut a small piece out of one of the desserts. He'd still probably go to the sweets shop again, get smaller ones for Emma and see Leo again. It was a win-win!