Chapter 4

There are ways to get a man to change his mind from liking me.

I've gotten help from Jessica to list the ways to go.

Yet nothing worked as he seems to have security watching my every move, or to stop me from doing as I please.

I need Hassan to lose interest and quick but I keep failing.

Counting down the days till my time here is up, I intend to leave without staying in contact with him.

Somehow I felt like he'll be a step ahead of me.

As the more I hide when I'm suppose to meet him for lunch, my excuse for not feeling well is so over used.

Looking over the stocks collected for the previous week, making sure that everything adds up before I turn it in to my supervisor.

Jessica was busy working and so was Chad, another employee in our small office space. Though it was more like a storage unit for things that the residence will need.

Mister Sheffield laid idly, texting away on his phone while I was doing his job.

Instead I should be checking the computer for new information but we're way behind because of this man laziness.

The last thing we expected was the door being opened and in walked the owner of this place.

Mister Sheffield jumped up that even his phone fell.

The damages is coming out of his pay.

Seeing a black ID older was a rare sight as they are often busy.

"Would you mind stepped outside for an hour so I can speak with Miss King." He wasn't asking my supervisor, he was telling him and the man quickly obeyed.

As he went out with the phone he grabbed, then in walked two men with two picnic baskets.

They went out and it seems they were guarding the door so no one will enter.

"Miss King..."

"Mister Thorne, what are you doing here?" I gasped.

"To have lunch with you of course." He took a seat where my supervisor fled from. "You won't come to me, so here I am."

I sighed, turning to the computer to submit the data then to close the website.

He watches my every move as he's been doing for the past week and it's obvious by the way a certain female security starts following me around.

Sitting across from him, I looked up from the display of foods. Barbeque chicken and fries packaged in a takeout box. A chilled bottle of non-alcoholic champagne. A box of donuts and macarons, sliced fruits, pie slices, sweet toppings and chocolate syrup.

What is this, a lunch date?

"What is on your mind, Miss King?" He inquires, laid relaxed in the chair and staring hard.

Sighing once more, I spoke. "What's with all the staring? Wasn't I being watched enough this week?"

He smiled.

"I missed you a lot. I missed your voice and your joy." He sat upwards, taking the champagne to open it. "I didn't watched you like I use to. The guard you're aware of is only there to assist or protect you."

"From?"

"Nothing in particular, but she's there for when you need to see me wherever you wish. How was your week, love?"

Love?

"It was okay." I lied. Having a lazy supervisor is the worst. "How was yours?"

"It's great, now that I'm here with you." His excuse for holding back classified information.