Chapter 12

I forgot to shut the door and in walked the little boy holding some flowers I saw in the garden outside.

I said nothing and he didn't either.

Only to approach me with them and smiled showing a few of his teeth as well.

"Daddy gives mommy flowers that makes her smile. Here you go." He says and I couldn't help but smile as I took it.

He points to his nose then at mine so I pretended to smell it.

There's no way I'm inhaling a bug or pollen that is usually filled inside the hibiscus plants.

Now he sits his ass on the bed staring at me so I thanked him in hopes that he'll leave.

He didn't move, he sat there watching me pack somethings.

"Daddy said you're my sister." He started.

I regret not closing the door.

I'm not ready for this.

"Will you play with me too because I have no friends." He revealed and I stopped what I was doing.

"Why don't you have friends?"

"They laugh at me everyday at school." He frowned, climbing further up on the bed. "Daddy says my teeth will grow back but the bullies won't stop."

"They're probably jealous that you're losing your baby teeth and becoming a big boy faster than they are. Bullies make bad friends and they will often get into trouble. Don't listen to them and you got you sisters and brother, they can be your friends too."

"So I'm your friend too." He grins, holding his arms out for me to hug him.

I sigh, giving in through it felt weird.

All of this is.

This little boy found any and everything to speak of. There was never a dull moment.

That's until his sisters starts calling him.

He ran and hide in a corner as if he as planning on frightening them.

I want no part of this game.

He needs to answer them and go.

"Kristan!" They called.

Then a knock came on my door and I took a deep breath. "Come in."

The door is opened wider and two faces so closely familiar to my own is staring right back.

Their eyes shifted from me to my packed luggage.

"Do you see Kristan?"

"Are you leaving?"

Both asked the same time then looks at each other.

I nod, just as their little brother jumps out and shouts, surprise.

"Mommy bought the ice cream you asked for." The other one told him.

He came over and hugged me before he left. Giving them a better smiled.

It seems I'll be bothered by the whole family today.

"You're leaving?" The same sister inquires.

"Mhmm hmm. I can't disappoint Jessica's family and not show up for Christmas." I reminded them.

"Can I know when you'll be back" The same sister asks and I realized she's the youngest being a year below us. Below me.

"I'll say in touch but I don't think I'll return anytime soon."