Chapter 13

My week with Jessica's family was well spent and I was over welcomed and wasn't left out on anything.

The adults cusses us out for buying everyone a gift. I fought her and bought the gifts and with Jessica's help to choose the items, we did a lot.

Bills were paid, extra groceries were bought and we gifted cash or gift cards for those who had their personal business to take care of.

Even Jess got a gift from me.

Seeing as she's working to provide for her parents. Her mom who battled cancer and won, and her dad who stayed to help his wife through it all. Being the best daughter was their greatest gift as she gave them most of her salary.

Then my gift was to give her the same amount she gave them.

Being my friend was paid off and I love her for that.

With Hassan deep in my business and finances, he sent me twice the amount I gave away.

Now I'm on my way to his next destination to complain.

But then I remembered what daddy said.

It's a struggle for men at work, so they'll need someone to give them all the love and support they deserve.

Along with security, I was on my way to his place.

I turned down the helicopter ride for a simple road trip since the location was too classified to know.

I'm just going in and followed him just how a blind person would need guidance.

It was all about trusting him.

I'm going to his home and not the one on base.

This is where he resides and it will be my home temporarily or permanently.

Feeling like a rich girlie in the classy Mercedes Maybach GLS. I was only being myself when I got out my nail travel kit.

Going at it the cheap way.

Filing and added some cute press on nails while I enjoyed the long drive up into the hills overlooking the sea.

The vehicles slowed down only a little as it enters the gated property surrounded by high walls.

From there the road gets clear and the landscaping looks like it was something out of Eden.

I dropped the nail glue by being utterly distracted.

Along the shore to the left is a dock with different sizes of boats and a yachts. A boat house and probably other things I can't identify from here.

And perched upon the hillside is a place I can picture Batman living.

The dark colors blended in with the huge rocks as if it was architecturally designed to look so magnificent.

If I though his house on base was beautiful, then this is breathtaking.

Suddenly a thought came to mind and I started to wonder who else was living with him.

"Miss King?" Security snapped me out of it.

"Yes?"

"Mister Thorne will be here this afternoon, the house staffs or butler will give you a tour and to cater to your every need." He informs me.

"Thank you." I responded sweetly.

I got a nod and the giddy feeling returns when no presence of his relatives was mentioned. An to be here with him like we were on base, I can't wait.