Chapter 14

"That man standing in your way. He's my man and he don't play." I sing as I climbed up the stairs with a glass of wine in my hand.

I saw this while shopping for Christmas and it's the best thing I have ever bought.

The wine glass is as big as my head and I poured a whole bottle of chilled Moscato in it, yet it wasn't half the glass.

Last night Hassan told me to enjoy the wine cellar so here I am tonight.

"I just wanted to see what he would do, if I danced with another man!" I sang aloud and sweetly.

I'm sure he's hearing me.

He's never far from me and I ran away from his side with an excuse that I'm going to use the bathroom.

"I was messing with you." I took a few slips in the middle of the stairs.

That's another thing, he wanted me to use the elevator since the one time I hurt myself on stairs.

I keep forgetting.

"Just to see what he would do..." I sang, climbed up to the top.

Forgetting where I am in the song, I sang another part.

"You think one dance will do, then I'll go home with you. You're crazy." I giggled.

I'm definitely not tipsy.

I have an high tolerance for liquor. Or wine.

Thanks to mommy.

Humming the rest of the words that I forgot, I entered Hassan bedroom where I was once curious to see.

Now that I know how comfortable it was, I didn't want to leave. Yet.

Mainly due to his scent being the strongest there.

An there's a certain energy I felt while laying in his bed, feeling and getting touched while he reads his book.

He looks up after I locked his door, and his eyes stayed on the glass.

"Who is the man you danced with?" He asked.

I laughed, bringing the glass to the other night table and away from his devices.

The device that moves from where it was. He was defectively tracking me in his house. I know it.

"Why?"

"He might go home alone to meet his saviour." He joked and I laughed for the better.

Returning underneath the covers and attached myself unto his body.

"You're not finishing that bottle of wine." He points to the glass.

"That's a glass of wine."

He gave me that look again and I smiled unfazed.

See, he's watching me.

"You said you love me. So that's equal to giving me what I want." I estimated and his expression barely changed.

"I told you to enjoy the wine cellar, but I'll be monitoring you."

Again, more reason to believe.

"I've been drinking since I was five. I had rum and beer up till I was fifteen when I started tasting wine. I didn't have a drinking problem because I only got it on special occasions like weddings, parties and funerals." He didn't expect the last comment and he starts laughing.

"How are funerals classified as special occasions?" He puts his book away and gave me all the attention.

"It's a black people thing, but some of us Jamaicans celebrate the death of community dons. The dead relative from a rich family and they go all out on the food and music. My favourite food is the curry goat and white rice. Baby, I even go to stranger funerals just for that."