Colors

Taking a break from what he was doing at the moment. Kyo Kaneko suddenly recalls a memory, the day for sure he knows that he has this tiny bit— pea-sized crush on that certain man.

Not even knowing while thinking back a memory of him, he is smiling.

The warm breeze of summer comes along with the smell of fresh wild flowers and the heat of it. Kyo decided on not going out of his house because of the heat.

But the world was so against him that his friends came barging into his home to drag him out for a picnic.

The place is nice. They chose the perfect spot for a picnic.

Laying down on the picnic blanket. Surrounded by the scent of wildflowers. Kyo raised his hand to cover his face from the sunlight. I guess the tree isn't enough to cover him from the sun.

Yes, no tree can cover him from the sun.

Rolling to his side, his eyes widen as he stares at the scene. Warm, shining sun, soaking up the sweet summer air, he saw him. Ren Zotto.

Dear Lord, he'll never admit it himself, but he likes this man more than anyone else but is too afraid to admit it.

He stares at Ren while Ren plays with Aster, Scarle, Maria, and Aia. For some reason, like any other people, random tears fell from his eyes. What was weird is that it made a sound.

"What the fuck was that?" He mutters. Quickly sitting to look at what was it, to only see a—bright star? He's confused, of course; did the moon send this to him? Or can his tears produce stars now, like in the Legend of the Blue Sea (it's actually pearls, not stars).

"Kyo, you're not going to join?" ask Ren. Kyo quickly hid the star in his pocket while looking at Ren as if Ren said something so obvious.

"I'm not going to tire myself with your games," answered Kyo.

"Oh, come on! It's going to be fun; join us."

Kyo sighed, standing up from his seat, grabbing the extra water gun. Smiling mischievously, he aimed it directly at Ren's face while laughing.

To think that that was the calm before the storm in Kyo's life.

The next week after that, Kyo felt a little more tired than usual. A little more sickly. Kyo's sure as hell that his vision is clearer than the holy water. But what's happening now? Did he get astigmatism or something?

Because every time he wakes up in the middle of the night in tears... No, he can't identify it as tears. They're stars. Every drop would make a sound as if going along with his emotions. But day by day, when that predicament happens, the stars are getting brighter, and his vision...

"Kyo, you alright?" He looks up to see Ren with Aster. Kyo's instincts were telling him that what's happening to him right now is connected with Ren.

"Did you put a curse on me or something?" Kyo asked seriously. Ren laughed at Kyo.

"Kyo, that's Scarle's specialty," Aster answered with a smile.

Kyo hits Ren to stop Ren and his f-boy laugh, but that only makes Ren laugh even more.

After that, Kyo decided to look for Scarle in her lab... which is a mistake. He showed a judgmental face when he entered the lab and saw how dirty it was.

"Even a rat won't dare live here," Kyo bluntly commented.

"Kyo! That hurts me. It's pretty clean, you know." Scarle pouted. Kyo gave her a wtf look.

"Soooo, what is it that you want?" Scarle asks. Scarle has an idea of what Kyo came for, but she wanted Kyo himself to say it to her.

"I don't know what the fuck is happening, but I am tearing stars," Kyo simply explained. Scarle's face became serious. She only thought that Kyo was here because he realized his feelings... She didn't know it's worse than worse!