「75」- The first reveal

Rindou's bike comes to a halt on the side of the pavement

Rindou's bike comes to a halt on the side of the pavement. He stared at the hospital building that's only a few yards away from where he is, still on his bike while he feels [Y/n] get off.  Did she miss Shinichiro so much that she had to skip school? Seems like it. 'Me when'

"Thanks for the lift." He heard her say, his eyes shifting to her standing figure on the sidewalk. She looks really tired. Looks like the coffee she drank wasn't enough or maybe its effects are still in the process of spreading; either way he's worried about her well-being. 

What if she passes out on the way? He can't have that. Maybe he should go and accompany her on the way inside.

...

Yeah, he should!

Not only does he get to make sure [Y/n] gets there alright but he also gets to spend some more extra few minutes with her. Great!

He also wanted to talk about something which is related to what happened earlier at breakfast. Okay, he's gonna ask now–

Look at you getting ahead of yourself again.

You never learn, do you?

You literally just got rejected by the same person 19 minutes ago. Where does that confidence come from?

Ugh! Stupid, stupid brain. Why are you like this? Can't you cut the guy some slack?

"Then, I'll see you later."

Rindou snapped out of his thoughts. His eyes that had been staring at the building while the little demon and angel on his shoulders were shit talking him, shifted only to see [Y/n]'s back was already facing him.

He stared and watched her walk, his grip on the throttle tightening as he continued to debate whether he should go and follow her.

With a breathy whisper of "Fuck it." Rindou wasted not another second as he hastily pulled down the kickstand of his motor with a single motion of his feet, took the keys, got off his bike and ran with a shout of her name.

"A month." He said in the moment of rush, cheeks slightly flushed from either the temperature or her. "Let me have the chance to know the real you for exactly one month while, uh, of course, courting you because I know- I just know that I'd love you either way."

She looked at him, his eyes tender like always whenever it'd look at her. 'I know.'

Rindou raised his hand, gently cupping the side of her cheek. Her skin felt cold against his touch, it made him furrow his brows for a moment.

She continued to stare while series of film that's only about him played in her mind. It made a smile form on her lips but it was only small and it went away so quickly.

Rindou still noticed with how his eyes never left her feature. It gave him more hope thus he continued, "Let me prove myself to you, [Y/n]." Despite the pleading look in his eyes, Rindou was full of resolve. It almost made [Y/n] to reach her hand out to gently cup his cheek.