Prolouge: Lover

'I want you.'

Hall slowly ate his breakfast, just a bowl of cereal.

Tang Yun was eating his own breakfast, just a small thing of yogurt.

'I need you.'

Xie Yuzhi came up from behind Yun and hugged his waist.

"Hi baby!"

'But I can never have you.'

Hall excused himself and left to the bathroom.

'I can't be crying, not here,' Hall thought, wiping his face.

It was incredibly embarrassing. It was more than that, it was humiliating and heartbreaking.

Once he calmed down, he heard a knock on the door.

"Are you done in there?" He heard Yun call.

"Almost," Hall called back, giving his cheeks one last wipe before coming out. Yun gave Hall a nod and went into the bathroom.

Hall didn't notice Yuzhi, so Yuzhi said, "hey, Hally!"

"...uh, yeah?"

Yuzhi smirked, skipping to Hall.

"So?"

"...so?"

"What's up? Whenever I do some PDA with my darling boyfriend, you leave."

"I can hardly see you doing it, I just don't like the pet names you use."

"Uhm, ok, whatever. You're soooo jealous of me! I'd be jealous of me, too."

Hall bit his tongue and walked away from Yuzhi, but he wouldn't leave him alone.

"Come on, admit it!"

"Leave him alone, Xie Yuzhi." Leon said, glaring at Yuzhi. Yuzhi giggles and left, waving.

"Are you ok?" Leon asked Hall, worried.

"Yeah, sorry."

"Sorry? No, it's all Xie Yuzhi."

Hall sighed deeply, still embarrassed. Leon gave Hall a pat on the back, smiling.

"Don't let him get to you," Leon said, "he's just trying to get under your skin."

"I want this crush to just...go away." Hall said softly. Leon thought for a moment.

"Go away, huh?" Leon said. "I've got an even better idea."

"What?"

"Take Tang Yun for yourself, watch Xie Yuzhi crumble under the pressure of losing his pride and joy."

Hall blinked, shocked by what Leon was even implying.

"How could I do that...?"

"That little twerp deserves it. Come on, it won't hurt to get back at him, right?"

Hall hesitated. It would feel good to humiliate Yuzhi, but for how long? But then again, Yun meant everything to him, and seeing him with someone like Yuzhi was torture.

"You're right." Hall finally said, smiling.

"I'm glad you see things like I do," Leon said, "but, uh...don't try anything without me."

"Of course, Xie Yuzhi can be the worst when his brother is involved."

Yuzhi didn't think so. Listening to their conversation while hidden, he knew that poor Hall and Leon didn't stand a chance.

'I don't get why you're doing this,' he thought, finally leaving, 'but I'll be victorious!'

***

Three missed called for Yuzhi later, Yun decided to give up and do his own hair.

"He better have a good reason this time!" Yun hissed.

"He never does." Freddy retorted from the other side of the room. The room they were in could be considered a mini salon, where Freddy was found often and Yun and Yuzhi would come to have mini dates doing their hair.

Well, used to. Yuzhi hadn't been coming lately, and it was tearing Yun down. What could be more important than him?

Puffing his cheeks, he started to braid his hair and wishing it was Yuzhi doing it.

"Seriously," Freddy continued, "he treats you like shit but you always forgive him, how does that make sense?"

"Shut up!" Yun hissed. He already knew that, but the attention he got from Yuzhi was irresistible. The pet names and physical affection was enough to make him go back every time.

His phone dinged. Looking at it, Hall had sent him a text.

'Do you wanna come with me and Leon on a small trip?"