What's Nadine's Dad Saying To James

Nadine Lustre's (left) father, Daddy Dong, gives his views on his daughter's showbiz fame, on bashers, matters of the heart, and James Reid.

Nadine Lustre has a new leading man in her latest endorsement of a fast-food chain.

For a change, it is not James Reid. It is her father, Ulysses, or Daddy Dong for short.

In the latest TV commercial for Jollibee, Nadine is shown going out on a date with her father. In one of her dialogues, she says, "Best date ever."

Last October 16, Thursday, Daddy Dong and daughter Nadine bonded with other father-daughter tandems in a fun-filled date night.

After the event, PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) and another entertainment writer had the chance to interview the 21-year-old actress and her father.

Asked how Nadine feels to be the newest endorser of the fast-food chain, she answered, "Flattered. Jollibee is one of the biggest fast-food brands in the Philippines.

"Jollibee kasi celebrates family. I'm just happy na kasama ko ang dad ko rito."

ON HIS DAUGHTER'S SUCCESS. PEP asked Daddy Dong how he feels about his daughter's showbiz success.

"I'm very happy for her right now. All the hard work... na talagang nag-aantay... na talagang nagwo-workshop. Everything is paying off," Mr. Lustre said.

"I'm very happy for her na everything is falling into place."

While Nadine enjoys fame and success in showbiz, she can easily go astray.

How does Daddy Dong protect his daughter so she won't lose her way?

"Dun pumapasok yung values," Mr. Lustre replied.

"Most of the time, I remind her of the values na itinuro namin sa kanya.

"Kung ano man ang nakikita niya sa labas, dun pumapasok yung, 'Ah, hindi ito tama.'

"Ang sa akin lang, just to remind her na ito, kailangan ganito...

"Pero I don't insist. I just remind her para wala namang pressure."

Is he confident that Nadine will be all right?

"I know she's very responsible sa lahat. Reminding her is enough," he replied.

ON NADINE'S RELATIONSHIP WITH JAMES REID. Does he have a say when it comes to his daughter's relationships?

"I'm always here to remind, to say something...

"Pero kasi nga ako, meron akong certain level na, 'Okay lang...' Pero when it comes to di na nagwo-work out, that's when I go in."

Has he given his daughter permission to have a love life?

"I think kaya niyang sagutin 'yon," he said.

"Pero siguro para sa akin, for now, you relish what you have. Enjoy what you have.

"Basta ganun... pagbutihin mo lang and then everything will follow. Parang pattern lang 'yan."

When asked if he likes James for his daughter, Daddy Dong paused for a moment, smiled and said, "Si James kasi he has his own time.

"Kumbaga, meron pa rin siyang career ahead of him. So I think bahala na. Time na lang magsasabi."

Has James approached him already and asked his permission to court Nadine?

"Si James kasi, napakatahimik. Yun lang nagbabatian on the set, nagbabatian konti, pero hanggang dun pa lang. He's not very vocal."

Nadine interjected that James is focused on his career.

"Siya talaga, his mind is really focused on his career," she said.

She stressed that she and James were given another shot at showbiz and they want to make the most of it.

ON BASHERS. Daddy Dong was also asked what he thought about his daughter's bashers.

"Tinitingnan din namin yon, kino-consider din namin. Ibig kong sabihin, we don't normally see our flaws. Yung mga tao na nasa harap o nasa likod, sila ang nakakakita [ng flaws].

"We don't take it negatively, [but rather] we look at the positive side."

Nadine Lustre's Father Approves of James Reid

on April 28, 2015 by cd

"I don't think he's strict. He's pretty cool, he's pretty chill," says James Reid when he was asked about his opinion about Nadine's father during the fan conference for Jollibee.

James recently joins Nadine as endorser of the no. 1 fast food chain in the country. They revealed during the fancon that they have a scene in their upcoming movie "Para SaHopeless Romantic" wherein they're working as service crew in a Jollibee restaurant.