Brave Enough (smii7y x reader)

Yello! So, give me a chance and trust the process.

Vote pussies

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

____ sat in a call with Matt, the two editing their own videos. She hummed softly to herself as she worked, her free hand reaching for her water bottle while the other moved then clicked on her mouse. Her eyes were glued to the screen in front of her, occasionally flickering over to her second monitor to watch her friend.

She would never admit it out loud, but she had feelings for her friend, his laugh bringing butterflies to life within her stomach, when he smiled it was contagious, and when he spoke she felt as though she were listening to an audiobook with the perfect narrator.

Though, she wasn't brave enough to tell him how she felt. She would rather cut her grass with scissors before face the reality of her best friend and crush not sharing the same feelings as her.

It didn't help that Matt now has a girlfriend. The girl was beautiful, long chestnut hair, ocean blue eyes, and to top it all off, she knew what she was doing when it came to fashion. Matt's girlfriend was perfect in ____'s eyes.

Focusing on her work in progress of a video once more, ____ let out a heavy sigh, removing her hand from her desk and sitting up to stretch. She grunted when she felt a pop in her back, breathing out with delight at the feeling. She slouched back in her chair, glancing over to Matt's camera to see him turned away, talking to his girlfriend.

____ but her lip, trying to keep her jealousy at bay. "Hey, Amanda." She spoke warmly, a convincing, yet fake smile adorning her lips. She waved slightly at the camera, watching as she caught the couple's attention.

Amanda quickly took Matt's headset, placing it on her head and leaning towards the mic, "____! Hey girlie! How are you?"

"I'm doing alright. Getting bored with editing." ____ spoke truthfully.  She really was getting bored with her current task.

"Girl! You need to take a break! Come and visit! I'd love to have a girl's week with you!" Amanda practically bounced in place, Matt chuckling as he watched his girlfriend and best friend. He loved that they got along, mostly glad that neither were bitchy towards each other.

"I'd love that Amanda, but you know I can't! I have too many responsibilities down here!" ____ sighed, a soft laugh leaving her. Her once fake smile turned into a genuine one. She could never hate Amanda, the girl was really sweet and treated Matt like he was her world. She would never take that away from her best friend.

"Awww. Then we should plan on when I can come visit you! I want to see America and not just for Matt's work travels!" She joked, sticking her tongue out at her boyfriend and winking towards him.

Matt let out a 'hey!' While laughing at his girlfriend's actions, partially noticing ____'s solemn look. By the time he truly noticed it, the look was replaced by a smile again. He wouldn't question her though, knowing that if something was bothering her, she would tell him.

"I have to get going now, ____. I'm hungry and I promised that I'd take Amanda to her favorite sushi place." Matt spoke warmly, taking his girlfriend's hand in his own, "make sure to eat, you hear?"

____ laughed as she nodded her head, "Don't worry about me and go eat! You two have fun!!" She beamed a smile, showing off her teeth before ending the call. She grumbled out, quickly calling her friend Smii7y to vent to him.

It had become a habit, around the same time every night, the girl would call the other Canadian, talking to him and listening to his logic and reasoning.