Slumber Party

A soft knock at the door catches Bigby in a startle.

"Yeah, come in," a grumpy tone to his voice.

Snow walks in, holding files.

"Hi, uh... sorry, I just wanted to leave these with you, I have done all my signatures, we just need yours." Snow gently lays them onto his desk.

Exhales tiredly. "Yeah, thanks."

She looks away, and he stands up, walking up close, startling Snow.

"What are you doing?" She gives a stern look; he can hear her heart racing but doesn't want her to freak out.

He smirks, passing her, reaching for his coat.

"I'm going home," he gets his keys out "it's a quarter past seven, we should... I mean I should head off if I have nothing but paperwork tomorrow."

She smiles up at him "Right... she yawns... I have been here since 5 am thanks to Bluebeard's false alarm" Bigby grumbles softly, which startled Snow, but she ignored it.

"You don't seem so happy today... are you ok?" Snow tucks her hair behind her ear, he sighs.

"I'm tired, have been sitting in this tiny office all day... he groans..."

"Oh, right... maybe we could go outside in the courtyard to get some air,"

His eyes widened, but his expression softened. "Sure, I could walk you back to your apartment after if you want..." He faintly blushes, she smiles.

She smirks, "Are you getting soft Wolf?"

"What! No..." He scratches his stubble nervously.

"Oh, come on, let's go," She ruffles his hair teasingly, exiting the office. He follows behind her, flicking the light switch off.

The two exit the elevator, walking down a hallway, exiting outside into the Woodlands courtyard.

Bigby lights a cigarette. Snow rubs her eyes, stretching.

"What a fucking day..." Bigby sits down on a nearby bench, Snow sits beside him.

"Yeah, I'll say... the amount of people that were in and out, I lost track of how many Fables I spoke to. Sighs I just need sleep."

"Hey, he turns to look at Snow... Why don't I walk you to your apartment." He sheepishly smiles.

"Sure, thanks," She blushes, looking down, picking her nails nervously.

"Come on," he whispers, getting her attention back to the now.

They make it up to her apartment...

"Would you... uh would you like to come in for coffee, she rubs her eyes."

"Uh... Are you sure you're not too tired; I don't want to keep you up... "

She unlocks the door, walks in throwing her keys onto the kitchen island.

"I don't mind Bigby, but if you're tired and want to go, you can."

He rubs his eyes, yawning, "I might not even make it back, chuckling as he wipes his tired eyes."

She smiles, walks up to Bigby, and touches his forehead, he freezes, but relaxes.

"You're warm, why don't you just stay in the guest bedroom, I don't mind, and you look exhausted."

He closes the door. "I... are you sure?"

Rolls her eyes, smirking. "There's no strings attached, just a place to sleep for the night. And besides, I can make us coffee in the morning."

He smiles "Thanks, scratches his jaw, but I don't have a change of clothes or – "

Snow places her finger on his lips. His expression softens, she smiles looking into his eyes.

"You know... I thought you were mean for the longest time, but you're the kindest person I've ever met." She walks away, heading over to the hallway, he nervously follows behind.

"I... I don't know what to say," he feels flustered.

"Then don't say anything, she opens the guest room door, there's an ensuite bathroom in the room, so you'll have your privacy. Just get some rest Wolf."

"Thank you Princess." He smirks, she rolls her eyes grinning, "Yeah, yeah... chuckles, good night," she goes into her room closing her door.

"Good night," He enters the room, closing the door behind him.

The end.