Prologue

(At the start of chapters I'll give small notices without spoilers as well as summaries of previous chapters, but definitely hints)

Gaming huffed as he dashed through the weather that assaulted him. His fist was clutching his thin jacket so tightly that his knuckles turned pale white.

You may be questioning how he ended in this situation. His teacher, Mr. Zhongli, had to embarrassingly pull him back after class to talk to him about his failure in his ancient history exam. He forgot to mention that he had a tight schedule as he had to hurry home, less he missed his bus.

Spoiler alert, he did.

So now, he was puffing and panting as he dashed through the heavy rain, careful not to slip on the smooth concrete of the road.

Thinking of which, Yunjin and Xinyan would probably tease him of his sorry state if he had actually showed up to their practice today. Thank god he had refused them and offered another day as he had homework to do. Ancient History homework.

Gaming huffed a laugh at the non-existent memory overtaking his visuals. Unfortunately, it wasn't long before it was replaced with a distinct memory.

And it wasn't a pleasant one.

It had only been a few years since his parents divorced, and earlier this year they died in a car accident together. How romantic, Gaming pondered.

Since then, with the remaining money he had received from both parties as well as money through his own hard work, he managed to rent an apartment not far from his school.

It may have been small and cramped, but he made work of it. He made it home.

His pace had soon decreased, changing to a steady rhythm as he casually walked, the rain already clearing up.

Just as he was a road away from his apartment, he heard a noise.

A whimper, a painful whimper.

He short circuited, pausing in his path and turned towards an alleyway to his side. And there he saw a black rubbish bag shifting and puffing on the outside of a trash bin.

Gaming's heart clenched. He absolutely loved animals, small or big, and they definitely don't deserve to be trapped in a rubbish bag.

He hurriedly scampered to the bag, not afraid to get his hands ahold of it, trying to find an exit. Once he found a tear in the bag, he reached his hands inside unseeing. Said hands found purchase and he gripped firmly to a furry creature and lifted it out.

And oh, he was not prepared for what was laid out in front of him.

Held in his hands, was a little soaked shivering creature with pelt shiny jet black and flaming red. Gold shining liquid was oozing from wounds all across its thin body.

And oh, did Gaming's heart dropped as his brain finally scrambled together a solution to its species.

It was a small Chinese lion.

"I thought they were a myth". Gaming unintentionally voiced aloud, thunderstruck.

(At the end of Chapters, I will give a summary and more notices. What do you think so far? Let me know if there is any mistakes so I may fix them.)