Chapter 1

Freedom—they say it's the most beautiful and prized thing that an individual can have.

I always thought that I can have everything in this world, giving the fact that I have a rich parents and a rich-rich brother. But no, some things aren't really just for me, just like this hip-hop dance required by our P.E. teacher.

We're taking a water break from our brutal practice here at the bench, so I was sipping water directly from the bottle when I noticed Kenji Ren Solerio. He serves as our student council vice president at the moment. The man is really attractive and seemed to have stepped out of one of my fiction novels.

He was having a friendly basketball game with his friends, well, he's friends with almost everyone in our school. He's friendly type of guy that anyone would obey his command just to be friends with him.

I, on the other hand, is the nobody in his own book of life. Well, all I do is home, school and study, pretty much boring for his taste, not that I want to be in a relationship with him tho, my brother will move heaven from earth just to punch the guy so no, well maybe.

"Hoo, putchang-inang school president yan! Kala mo kung sino, apaka strikto, daig pa lolo ko, tsk!" Napabaling ako nang may biglang tumabi at dumaldal sa akin, si Carmel, isa at nag iisang kaibigan ko mula elementary hanggang ngayun, sanay na ako sa dal-dal nito dahil hindi lumilipas ang araw na hindi ito nag rereklamo o nag chi-chisniss.

" Ano na naman kasing kadiliman ang hinasik mo at na gisa ka?" Sakay ko sa kanya dahil napaka strikto naman talaga ng SC president namin, kung anong pagka palakaibigan ng VP ay sya namang kasalungat ng President namin, well, I cannot blame her, she has a lot of responsibilities, task and expectations to meet, one single mistake and all the good things she did will vanish like a coin thrown to the ocean.

" Tsk, nalimutan ko kasing mag uniform, kala ko wala sya dahil hindi naman talaga sya nag lilibot boung campus, classroom at opisina lang sya naglalagi" saad nya at dinukot ang ininom kung tubig saka sya uminom doon.

" Kasalanan mo naman pala eh, nag rereklamo pato" Sabi ko saka tumayo dahil tinatawag na kami ni Karla na syang leader namin.

" Huy teka, Regine! Nanakawin ko assignment mo, titingnan ko lang para maka kuha ako ng idea, hah? Sige salamat!" Walang hiya nyang sabi saka umalis patungong classroom.

Pagkatapos ng practice namin ay dumiritso na ako sa locker room para kunin ang aking pampalit dahil ang lagkit ng aking pakiramdam. Mabuti nalang talaga at palagi akong may pampalit sa locker para sa mga senaryong ganito.

Pagkatapos kong mag bihis ay pumunta akong canteen upang bumili ng makakain at maiinom.

Habang pumipila ako, I felt someone staring at my back, so I turned around. Only to see our SC President with her usual stoic face.

" Good morning, Pres. " I greeted her as a sign of respect

" Morning, turn around, it's your turn" she said cooly as she turned her attention to her phone as she started typing something.

After I picked my order, I went to the empty table the. I sat down and started digging my food.

I'm watching our SC President as she smiles slightly and speaks to the cashier in a courteous manner. She is representing the Student Council by sporting a badge on her left upper arm in addition to our school uniform. Even though I really wanted to be envious of her, jealousy is suddenly surging in my heart. She really does have everything a girl could ever want, so even though I know it's unhealthy, I can't stop myself. She is wealthy, at least that's what I've been told because there's a rumor going around that her family is quite wealthy. Her physical look doesn't seem wealthy to me, but she is intelligent—probably because of her grandfather, Albert Einstein.