1|Berry

a/n; this is my first book, so I'm more than happy to hear advice from you guys!

"Hmm.." A small figure stopped to gaze at a berry bush. He kneeled, and reached to a fresh piece. He picked it, and carefully stacked it to his basketful of fruits. He stood up again, and continued his walk.

He crossed a river, stumbling and unfortunately falling in it. He spitted a clump of mud that made its way to his mouth, and sat on a rock to check if he's injured.

He noticed a small cut on his ankle, that a sharp stone probably left. He sighed, and squeezed as much water from his cap and shirt as much as he can. He decided to continue his journey of collecting berries, but all of his berries fell over and got carried away, far away by the river.

His mood was all over the place, and he had almost no motivation to go back home and instead just stay on that rock and weep. But a small gust of wind awoke his drooping head.

The wind carried along the leaves, grass, and him.

His hat almost blew away, but he luckily held it in place. He smiled, he thought maybe this was a sign his brothers was waiting for him at home. So he brought his half-full basket of wet berries and walked back home.

His house was in fact, pretty far from the forest he was in. He just loves exploring somewhere his brothers wouldn't know, maybe as a place for escaping the noisy world as he knows.

Knock knock!

He softly knocked on a wooden door.

He stood there awkwardly for a few seconds, until the door finally creaked open.

"Daun! Welcome hom- WHY ARE YOU SOAKING WET?!" A man in a messy pink apron greeted him.

"I-uh.. fell into a river. Hehe, sorry Gempa. I'll help you with laundry later I promise...?" His soft emerald eyes glimmered in hope.

Gempa rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Gimme the basket, I'll wash the berries while you go and take a bath." Gempa sighed with a smile. He stood aside, and made room for Daun to come inside the house. Daun hastily tip-toed to the bathroom, worried if he made the floor wet. He still did, but Gempa will definitely mop it sooner or later.

Daun enters the bathroom, and undresses himself. He turned on the shower and brushed all the mud off. He flinched when the water touched the scar on his ankle, but ignored it as well as he could.

Daun, more often that not, thinks about his brothers when he's alone. Not because he's shy or anything, he's very open to his only family. But sometimes, he thinks that he's tiring his brothers.

When he was small (he is still small nowadays), his elder brothers always work their lives to protect and feed Daun. But he's quite the optimist, as most would people say. So he buries all that thought that always made him cry, all the way at the back of his mind.

After he finished, he brushed his teeth and wrapped his waist around with a towel. He stepped out of the steaming shower and walked to his bedroom to change.

Daun sat on the sofa with two other boys, who looks older than him. One in an orange t-shirt, and one in navy blue. They were both playing a video game on their consoles. Daun sat criss-crossed on the side, watching carefully how each of their characters moved.

"I like how your character is blue like you, Taufan!" Daun said in his adorable squeaky voice. The boy in blue answered, "Well he is supposed to look like me, so he has to be dark blue." He ended with a smug grin.

"Why isn't your character orange, Api? Doesn't your character supposed to resemble you too?" Daun asked to the other boy, the one in orange.

"They didn't have the colour yet. Red is closest, I guess." He pouted, and continued to press buttons. Daun looked curious. "Is there a green character? I wanna play too!"

Taufan and Api look at each other, and fought mentally for who will give their remote control to Daun, since they only have two. After a whole 2 minutes of weird staring, Taufan sighed, and gave his to Daun.

"Here, Api will guide you on how to play." He rolled his eyes, and left the living room to head upstairs, to his bedroom. Daun took no time and scooted closer to Api.

But just before they started, Gempa shouted at all of the people inside the house that-

"Dinner is ready!"

a/n;

I promised myself I'll write at least 1000 words on the first chapter, but this book has been in my draft for months ;д;

anyways I'm always open to feedback and suggestions from yall, sooooo lmk :3