Defending Borders: Officer Thomas's Duty

As Officer Thomas patrolled the quiet streets of a suburban neighbourhood, he noticed a car ahead with a slight wobble. Deciding to ensure the safety of the driver, he signalled for the vehicle to pull over. The driver, a British woman named Sarah, complied, slightly confused about why she was being pulled over.

Approaching the vehicle, Officer Thomas maintained his usual calm and professional demeanour. "Good afternoon, ma'am," he greeted politely, tipping his hat slightly. "I noticed your vehicle seems to have a bit of a wobble. Just wanted to make sure everything is alright."

Sarah, relieved by the officer's friendly approach, nodded. "Oh, thank you. I hadn't noticed anything wrong."

Thomas proceeded to explain, "Well, it appears you have a punctured tire on your rear left side. Nothing too serious, but I wouldn't recommend driving on it. I can call for a tow truck to assist you if you'd like."

Sarah sighed, grateful for his assistance. "Yes, please. That would be wonderful. Thank you, Officer..."

"Thomas," he supplied with a small smile.

However, as Sarah spoke, Officer Thomas's attention was caught by her distinct British accent

However, as Sarah spoke, Officer Thomas's attention was caught by her distinct British accent. Suddenly, a chuckle escaped him, surprising both himself and Sarah.

"Is something funny, Officer?" Sarah asked, slightly puzzled by his sudden change in demeanor.

"Oh, it's just your accent, ma'am," Thomas replied, trying to stifle his laughter but failing. "It's quite charming, I must say. Reminds me of a character from a British comedy I watched recently."

Sarah blinked, taken aback by his unexpected reaction. "Um, thank you?"

But then, inexplicably, Officer Thomas's demeanour shifted entirely. His laughter turned into a sneer, and his friendly demeanour transformed into something cold and disdainful.

"You know," he said with a hint of malice, "we don't take kindly to your type around here."

Sarah's confusion quickly turned to alarm. "My... type? What do you mean?"

"You Brits," Officer Thomas spat out the word as if it left a foul taste in his mouth. "Think you're better than everyone else, don't you? Coming over here, taking our jobs, acting all high and mighty."

Sarah's eyes widened in shock and fear as she realized she was being treated not as a human being, but as some inferior creature.

"I-I'm just here visiting," she stammered, her voice trembling. "I didn't mean to—"

But Officer Thomas cut her off with a dismissive wave of his hand. "Save it. I don't want to hear your excuses. Just get that tyre fixed and get out of my sight."