Chapter 2: pain

UNWANTED LOVE
💖💗💞💓
~~~
(Real life)
~~~

after what felt like hours the aggravatingly loud bell rang, to show it was the end of class

after what felt like hours the aggravatingly loud bell rang, to show it was the end of class. i lifted my head from the position it had rested in the whole hour, stretching my arms over my head.

i got up and grabbed my bag, starting to pack my things away, when my pen rolled off the desk. i bent down to pick it up but before i could, someone else did. i looked up from the ground to be met with none other than Michael Harts eyes, staring deep into my sole, with my pen in his hand.

i smiled at him shyly, quickly glancing back,in a panic, at Dior and Leah, who both seemed just as confused as me. i turned back to Michael, our proximity closer than i expected, to which he just smirked smugly.

i resisted the urge to roll my eyes at this action, instead biting the inside of my cheek hard. a few seconds passed by in silence and the whole group had left the class, leaving just michael and i, alone. eventually the unbearable silence was broken by michael "so you coming to my back to school party, Friday?" he asked, his voice remaining way too calm for how he was looking at me.

"um... maybe" i hesitated causing a shift in the atmosphere and his cocky grin faltering. i cleared my throat before speaking up "gotta get to lunch" i said giving him a sheepish smile quickly manoeuvring past him and out the door.

i arrived last to the lunch table, sitting down in the only seat left, across from walker. i slumped down sighing heavily; i was tired, flustered, confused and hungry. not a lot could make this moment worse.

" fuck sake i forgot to get my pen back off Michael" i groaned lifting my head slightly only to be greeted with everyone else laughing.

and it just got worse.

leah and Dior gasped for air, grabbing onto one another, laughing at the whole situation and how strange it was, which really was not helping. i gave them a dirty look, turning my attention to the boys across from us. they just stared back blankly, Charlie shrugging " just get another pen" he suggested " that was my only fucking pen" i snapped lying my head on the desk.

i stayed there for a few moments before lifting my head again. "what do i do now?" i questioned helplessly, receiving no answer. " why is he even- i mean what is he even doing, he's never talked to me before why now?" i asked again, no response " first he's commenting on my posts, holding the door for me and now stealing my fucking pen- i-i am so confused"