Chapter 52

A Delicate Explanation

As Athena and Mariana returned to the safety of the underwater kingdom, they were met with the concerned gazes of King Triton and Queen Seraphina, who had been anxiously awaiting their arrival. The royal couple wasted no time in questioning Athena and Mariana about their sudden absence from the kingdom.

"Athena, Mariana, where have you been?" King Triton's voice held a note of sternness, tempered by his evident concern for their well-being.

Athena exchanged a quick glance with Mariana, silently communicating their need to explain their actions carefully. "Your Majesties, Mariana and I ventured to the surface to aid someone in need," Athena began, her voice measured as she chose her words carefully.

Queen Seraphina's brows furrowed with worry. "Who were you aiding, and why was it necessary to leave the safety of our kingdom?" she inquired, her tone gentle yet firm.

Mariana stepped forward, her presence commanding attention as she addressed the royal couple. "Your Majesties, we were aiding Damian, the Alpha of the nearby werewolf pack," she explained, her voice resonating with authority. "He was gravely injured in an attack, and Athena sensed his distress, prompting us to intervene."

King Triton's expression softened with understanding as he absorbed Mariana's words. "I see," he said, his tone gentler now. "And how is he faring now?"

Mariana offered a reassuring smile. "He is stable now, Your Majesty. With my healing magic and Athena's assistance, we were able to ensure his recovery," she replied, her confidence unwavering.

Queen Seraphina's gaze softened with relief as she turned to Athena, her eyes shining with maternal pride. "You have shown great compassion and bravery, my daughter," she said, her voice filled with warmth. "Your actions honor our kingdom and our family."

Athena's heart swelled with gratitude at her mother's words, knowing that she had made the right choice in aiding Damian, despite the risks involved. "Thank you, Mother," she said, her voice filled with emotion.

With their explanation accepted, Athena and Mariana breathed a collective sigh of relief, grateful for understanding and support the monarchs showed. Though the events of the past days had been fraught with danger and uncertainty, they had emerged stronger and more united than ever before, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, together.

End of Chapter 52