I'd do anything to protect you🛡️ | Shasmine (Fluff+Zombie apocalypse AU)

Shawn has woken up to the sounds of birds twittering. He has slept on a branch, dangling next to his huge treehouse. His leg was tied with a rope, just in case he doesn't fall when a crowd of zombies will roam beneath him. A blade was stuck to the tree, right beside Shawn's arm. Noticing it and remembering that last night he was sharpening it, he drew it out of the bark and looked around for zombies. Holding it tightly, he jumped over from the branch to a wooden platform being a part of his tree house. He entered it and instantly searched for other weapons in his collection, because he was preparing for a hunting session. He grabbed a bow with seven arrows and a gun full of slugs.

He carefully yet quickly went down, right after he checked his surroundings. He felt safe, therefore he began his hunting. Approaching the bushes, he pointed his bow directly at a deer he had planned to slaughter. He almost aimed and let the arrow impale the animal, however he got slightly scared by someone's voice.
"Howdy!" The voice said."I've come to visit you. You weren't neither in your treehouse, nor anywhere near it!"
Shawn turned around. It was revealed to be a girl named Jasmine - an awesome survivalist raised in Australia.
"Arghh!" He almost jumped. "You scared me! Awh, the deer ran away."
"No worries, mate" She chuckled
"Caught some boars, want some?" She added, holding two pieces of meat by their bones. "They're freshly killed"
"Well, sure!" Shawn's cheeks were painted in pinkish when he saw her "Didn't expect you to come! Follow me, maybe you want to stay in my treehouse for a while?"
"I wouldn't mind." She answered.
Both of them climbed the tree to get onto the house. Jasmine sat next to the window, leaning onto the windowsill, glaring at the view.
"Nature can be stunning, right?" Jasmine said, when a skylark landed on her finger, looking around for something.
"Of course!" Shawn giggled
"Except for those zombies.. I'm not really afraid of them, but they can get really freaky"
She laughed back at him.
"Imagine what's happening in my home, back in 'Straya.."She sighed. "They'd be living peacefully, not knowing we're having a whole apocalypse here!"
"For real!" He said. They both deeply admired the view of the sun, already almost setting, leaving a reflection of yellow-ish orange wavy stripes on the water on a river near Shawn's treehouse. The bird Jasmine has carried has flown away, leaving them a feather. Shawn had an idea to suggest something.. romantic for them.
"Would you like to go fishing by this river?" He finally proposed.
"Are you sure zombies won't come at us?" She just wanted to make sure.
"Nah, I've cleared out the entire area last night." Shawn responded. "Come on!"
He grabbed her hand, right after he brought two fishing rods with himself.
They were running through forests of trees of many shades of green, while the sun was brightening their silhouettes by facing them. Birds' twittering has quietened much because of the current hour. However some owls have woken up, but still haven't hooted even once.
When they finally arrived at the destination, Jasmine started to lay out a small blanket for them to sit one and two sleeping bags for them, while Shawn was taking out the fishing rods. He sat in the sleeping bag Jasmine shared and threw the bait into the river, spinning the fishing reel to go deeper. Jasmine did the same, throwing her bait far away from his.
He leaned his head on her shoulder, snuggling onto her. No one has said anything. Both her and Shawn were waiting for their prey to catch onto the bait. They were cuddling like that for a minute or two, until fish had stuck to their rods. Both of them were spinning the fishing reel as quickly as they could, after which they revealed their treasures they caught, by slowly surfacing it out of there. Jasmine's rod was carrying a big, white bass, However Shawn had a smaller one, yet it was a salmon.
"Look at the big guy" She gasped "He's huge, he'll last for a few days for us!"
"Well yeah, If WE'LL last.."
"Oh, don't say that!" Jasmine said, brushing her hand softly around his cheek. "You know I'll always protect you, and even if we won't live for long, We're going to spend those last days of our lives together." She ended, hugging Shawn.

------------------

759 words
It kinda felt short tbh
I love these two silly billies istg 💞☹️