Chapter Eight

Last chapter guys! It's been a fun but short one.

————————————————————————

One year and five months later

;;

Mid-January

She hears the squeal before she sees her sister running towards her direction with arms flailed open and a bright smile on her face.

"Your sister is as lovely as I remember her," Jade quips beside her just as they're making their way towards the terminal exit.

"Be nice," she says, sending Jade a small nudge to the side. Before Jade can respond to her, her sister is excitedly hugging her.

"Oh, Tor. It seems like it's been ages since we've seen each other."

"It's only been what, six months?" she muses when they pull away from each other. From the corner of her eye, she can see Jade offer Gorge a hug.

"That is obviously too long." She offers her sister a kind smile and a pat on her arms before making her way to Gorge.

"Good to see you, Gorge," she says as he welcomes her into his arms and pulls her up, her feet just inches off the ground.

"You too. I hope the fly was well?" he asks after they break apart.

She nods, offers him a smile. "Yep. I slept the whole time."

She's about to ask how things are with him when she follows his line of sight behind her. Wordlessly, she turns around and watches her sister and her girlfriend.

"Jade," Trina says, hands on her hips.

"Trina," Jade replies, her arms crossed.

"I hear you're still teaching children."

"And I hear you're still eating them."

Tori looks on as her girlfriend tilts her head and offers her fakest smile and her sister do the same.

"You would think they hated each other, wouldn't you?" Gorge asks her as he puts his arm around her shoulders. She looks up at him before placing her own arm around his waist and making their way out of the airport. She takes a quick glance behind her where she witnesses them bickering and she can't help laughing to herself.

"Yeah, you'd think."

.

As Tori places a tray full of dirty glasses on the counter, she hears the kitchen door swing open but doesn't bother to check who's come in.

"You don't have to do that, Tor," Trina says, as she reaches the spot beside her with four more wine glasses in her hands.

"It's no big, Trina. Besides, you're pregnant now. You can pretty much order everyone around to do everything."

Trina laughs beside her before playfully punching her sister in the arm. "Just because I'm having a baby doesn't mean that I can be useless. Besides, there's still a party out there. You should be out there."

Tori looks at her sister before taking the glasses out of her hands. "No, you should be the one out there mingling."

She chuckles when her sister scrunches her face and places her head on her shoulder. "But I don't wanna," she hears her sister whine.

"This party was your idea."

"Yeah, but there's like a tiny alien-looking thing in my belly, not a full grown baby. So I don't know why they all insist to touch my stomach."