Sonic's Biggest Fan! ft. Amy Rose

"Hi," Duplex began, sitting in a velvet rocking chair, next to a fireplace in her iconic burgundy Gucci bathrobe, "I don't really know how to start this story. But I think it's important to say that this is a Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction, however Sonic, nor his friends, are main characters. We meet a lot of them, but Sonic basically doesn't show up!" After saying this, she called for her butler, and asked him to prepare a golden ice cream sundae, afterward turning her attention back to you, the peasant reader. "This is an experimental free-form fanfiction following two original characters. Duplex, aka me, and Aria, my food best friend. It also has comedy and action elements!" Duplex stated, laughing as she stroked her beloved golden retriever. "You're bound to see characters you like eventually, if I remember to update the story. Otherwise this chapter will probably be the only one," Duplex stated, finally. Putting on her reading glasses, and going to sleep.

___________________

Station Square

   A blue goat girl, around 20 years old, slowly walked around the streets of Station Square, making her way past various buildings in a clumsy speed walk. She had sizable black horns, a fluffy face, and wore a gold crop top with a matching dress skirt. Among her defining features were her eyes, which had black eye shadow. And one eye, the left, was always closed. As she dashed along smoothly, she eventually took a left turn down a separate street block, and towards an ice cream parlor just down the street. And, as she entered the busy section of the city, she slightly hunched herself. Aria wasn't big around others and didn't like to stick out, so she attempted to stay subtle, despite how differently she was dressed. Eventually, as she made it to the parlor, she came to a screeching halt, as the sign spinner there came into view. She was spinning in a supernaturally great way, and seemed very into it. She even looked like an ice cream tub. Her fur was split down the middle, one side pink and one brown, with her muzzle and other features being a vanilla color. Her species wasn't quite clear, her ears were those of a cat but she had no tail to match. Her fashion sense was exotic, sporting A giant ice cream tub that fully covered her torso, a pair of skin tight shorts, and two peg legs completely replacing her feet, and making her ever so slightly taller. This curious character happened to be Aria's best friend, Duplex.

   A few people were watching her display, some holding quarters and dollars. "Wow, where's the tip hat!" Said a random man in the crowd. Duplex froze for a moment. "I'm not a street performer guys!! I work for the ice cream shop behind me!" She exclaimed in a deflated tone, causing the small crowd to come to the realization, and slowly flock inside. This, at the very least, made way for Aria who was patiently waiting for the crowd to leave or stop paying attention. "Hey, I got your text..." Aria exclaimed as she approached the sign spinner. Duplex perked up and immediately put the sign down. "Awesome, I'm super glad you actually came," Duplex stated with a smile, which caused Aria to smile and become a little more comfortable. "So... What is this about? You just told me to, um, come over, because you wanted to tell me something 'cool'," she stated, putting her hands behind her back. With little to no hesitation, and a giant cheesy smile, Duplex reached into her back and pulled out a flier. And on the flier it said 'Annual Sonic Fan Festival'. It didn't take Aria even a moment of thinking to understand why she was called; Duplex was a huge fan of Sonic. She thought he was the coolest hero ever, and always wanted to meet up. She always wished to be a hero like him, and has multiple Sonic plushies lining her room. "A whole festival about Sonic! Tonight! I have to be there!! Please say you'll come!" Duplex excitedly stated, which caused Aria to start sweating. "I... Already do terribly in crowds... I think... I'll die," she sheepishly confessed, trembling by herself. "Don't worry Aria, you know that everything's okay when I'm by your side! Besides, I went with you a few weeks ago to that weird necklace market, so you owe me!" Duplex commented, which made Aria tilt her head. "It was a stone market. I even bought you a mood stone," Aria said, which just made Duplex's eyes straighten. "It doesn't work. The stone hasn't changed color at all!" Duplex stated, which caused Aria to give a half nod, knowing full well that Duplex is in the same exact mood all the time. "Come on Aria, please come with me! You don't have to do anything, I just need a friend!" Duplex begged, which caused Aria to sigh. "Okay, Duplex, I'll go. Just promise me to be chill, okay... You can get so intense sometimes," Aria said, to which Duplex nodded. "I'll try, okay?" Duplex reassured Aria, who gave a faint smile.