Chapter 1

Sophia's POV-

Christmas and New Years had passed since Percy's disappearance. I had made a trip out to camp since then to attend a meeting with all the camp counselors about the next steps. Since Percy was gone, the role of camp counselor for Cabin Three fell to me.

All of the Gods had closed off Olympus and were not responding to any requests for information. Sometimes I could feel a brush in the water which let me know my father was looking out for me but he would not answer any questions about my brother.

While in New York, I spent some time with Sally Jackson, Percy's mom. Sally was one of the best people on the planet. When she heard about me and how my mom passed during my birth, she took me under her wing. She would always call during the school year to make sure I was doing ok with everything and would send me her famous blue cookies if I was ever down. I, of course, had Melissa McCall, Claudia Stilinski and my Grandmother as female figures in my life but this was the mother of my brother. To be immediately accepted was a very wonderful feeling. Even though Sally had her husband, Paul with her and was not alone, I needed to make sure she was ok.

We hugged for a long while and cried together. I promised her I was searching the west coast as best as I could and was keeping an eye out for Percy. As I was leaving, I was given more of her blue cookies and was told to share with my family when I got home.

I flew on Phantom to get home with Blackjack accompanying us. I know he missed Percy just as much as I did, even if he said he missed the donuts more. As we landed in Beacon Hills, I directed the pegasi to land in the forest. During a field trip outside of town one year, I found out that Stiles is clear sighted and can see the monsters better than I can sometimes. A harpy had flew off the cliff and swooped our group as we were visiting a nature reserve near the coast. Stiles talked about the funny looking bird for weeks afterwards.

We did not need Stiles to see me arriving on the back of a pegasus while the other one talked my ear off about his favorite kind of sugary treats. Being the daughter of Poseidon, like Percy, I was able to talk to horses. While Percy was always 'Lord' to the pegasi, or 'Boss' in Blackjack's case, I was always called 'Princess'. Lucky me. No amount of begging could change their mind. But it always made me feel better when Phantom would call Percy his 'prince' just to make him as uncomfortable as me.

"I don't have any donuts with me but I have an apple for Phantom and how about one of Sally's cookies for you, Blackjack?" I gave Phantom the offering of an apple and a mint as apology for putting up with Blackjack then dug out a cookie for our chattery companion.

Thanks Princess! I can never pass up one of those! Blackjack whinnied. I patted both pegasi and made the walk to the house which was on the outskirt of the forest.

I arrived home just in time to start getting my stuff together for school tomorrow. I got my cell phone which I left in Beacon Hills and responded to a text from Scott about lacrosse try outs tomorrow. I always show up to support the boys, even if they don't really get a chance to play. I hoped they had better luck this year but with Scott's asthma and Stiles being......well himself, the chances weren't to high.

Later that night, I was getting ready for bed when I received a call from Stiles.

"Hey Stiles. What's up?"

"Just saw Dad leave a little bit ago with and heard that two joggers found a body in the woods. Since they don't know where the bodies are, the whole department is being called in including the state police."

"And this concerns us how exactly?" I asked, knowing exactly what Stiles was wanting to do.

"You, me and Scott are going to look for the body!"