When Taehyung ran away from the kitchen, I felt my heart clench painfully.

'Go after him, you fucker!' Ian growled. 'Go after my mate!'

'He insulted our future Luna.' I growled back.

'Jennie will never be my Luna!' He yelled and retreated to the back of my mind, cutting our link.

I could feel how mad he was, but I ignored it.

Namjoon and Jennie came back inside and sat at the table. I joined them and looked at Namjoon. He was worried. His eyebrows were furrowed, and he was staring down at his hands.

"Don't worry, Namjoon ." Jennie said and placed her hand on his shoulder. "He will be okay. He just needs time to process all of this."

Jennie was so kind and forgiving. She would be a great Luna. I was sure of that. I gave her a warm smile.

"I am sorry, Jennie." Namjoon sighed. "You didn't deserve that. I will talk to him."

She squeezed his shoulder and smiled at him warmly.

Namjoon looked up at me and his face got serious. He was in beta mode now. It was time to work.

"So, Alpha Yoongi is coming the day after tomorrow?" he asked me.

I nodded. "Yes, and we will be having a formal dinner. I want him to feel welcome in our pack and for his stay to be as pleasant as possible."

"Who will be joining him?" Jennie asked.

"His Beta Hoseok and five warriors. They don't want any trouble on their trip." I said.

"No Luna?" Namjoon asked.

I shook my head. "No. He still hasn't found his mate and refuses to take a chosen one."

He was a year older than me and still had no mate. It was unusual for an Alpha wolf to be mateless at our age, but we both wanted to wait for our true mate.

We spent the next half an hour arranging their stay and talking about the formal dinner. Everything had to be done to perfection. My pack has a reputation, and I was keeping it.

"When will the meeting take place?" Namjoon asked.

The main reason for Alpha Yoong's visit was to tell me what he had found out about rogue attacks. I was planning on having the meeting with them the day after their arrival.

I was just about to answer Namjoon's question when a sharp pain struck my left side. I gasped and bent over.

"Jungkook ?!" Namjoon yelled and came rushing to me.

Jennie stood up and came to my other side with a worried expression on her face.

I looked down, expecting to see some sort of a sharp object lunged into me, but there was nothing.

And then it hit me.

It wasn't my pain.

"Taehyung." I said quietly.

"What?" Namjoon asked, confused.

"It's Taehyung." I said louder. "It is Taehyungs pain. Something is wrong!"

Namjoon stood up immediately and ran through the back door, me following right behind him. He was running towards the training grounds. He must have been in a session.

It only took us a few minutes to get there. Being an Alpha and Beta meant that we were faster and stronger than other wolves.

I searched frantically for him, but I couldn't find him anywhere. One of my warriors noticed us and walked over.

"Alpha, Beta." he said. "Can I help you?"

"Yes." Namjoon said quickly. "My brother , Taehyung, where is he?"

He looked between us. "He was taken to the hospital. He fractured his ribs while sparing with another she-wolf."

I was running towards the pack doctor's office before the man finished speaking. I heard Namjoon right behind me.

I saw red. My mate was hurt. He was in pain. My mate needed me. Ian was howling and growling inside my head, and he wasn't helping one bit. I was shaking and I needed to see him. I needed to know that he would be okay.

Before I knew it, Namjoon and I burst through the door.

He was lying in bed. His friend Y/n was holding his hand, and Hyungsik was pacing the room. The three of them looked at us with wide eyes.

Both Namjoon and I walked over to him, and when I got closer, I could smell Hyungsik on him.

Fuck!

He probably carried him in here. That was my job! I was supposed to be the one who brought him here! I was supposed to be the one taking care of him!

I clenched my fists and growled loudly. I had to use all my strength to control myself and not kill the fucker. He touched my mate. He should be dying right now.

"What happened, bear?" Namjoon asked him and took his other hand in his.

"He hadn't slept since his birthday but still decided it was a good idea to fight." Hyungsik answered before he could.

Namjoon and I looked at him with shocked expressions on our faces. He hasn't been sleeping?

Before we could say anything to him, our pack doctor, Han so-hee, walked in.

"Alpha Jungkook , Beta Namjoon ." She said and smiled at us.

Both Namjoon and I gave her a short nod and looked at Taehyung , frowning. Oh, he was going to hear from me after the checkup. And by the look on Namjoons face, he was in for a double lecture.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite little wolf." the doctor said with a big smile on her face. "What happened, Taehyung ?"

"Sparing accident." He said quietly.

"Oh, I see many of those." the doctor said and lifted his shirt.

A growl escaped me. She was touching my mate.

The doctor ignored me completely and proceeded to remove Taehyungs shirt to look at his ribs. There was a huge bruise from his stomach to his back, and my heart hurt looking at it. I heard Namjoon gasp at the sight.

The doctor touched him and he winced in pain.

I growled loudly. I wanted to rip her arms out.

"No need for that, mate." the doctor said, not looking up at me. "I am just doing my job."

Shit. She knew.

I tensed up and I could see Namjoon looking at me from the corner of his eye.

Well, you are not being very subtle, man. Namjoon mind-linked me.

I ignored him and continued to watch as the doctor checked my mate.

"Well, Taehyung , it seems that two of your ribs are broken." She said and pulled his shirt down carefully. "You need to rest. Now that you have your wolf, it should heal in a day or two. But I want you to rest. No activities of any sort."

"You can be sure of that, doctor." Namjoon said, still frowning.

The doctor gave Taehyung some painkillers and said goodbye to all of us.

As soon as she left the room, I looked at my mate with a strict expression on my face.

"What the hell were you thinking, Taehyung?" I growled.