"Babysit The Prisoner"

A basic task gone wrong... not uncommon for SHIELD, looking back...

I'd had a little background information on him beforehand. Loki, The God Of Mischief with a list of his powers.

I stepped into the cell room slowly and admired the glass cell for a moment. Loki sensed my presence as he was pacing and turned to look at me. His intent was an intimidating grin, but I felt myself stifle a laugh as it faltered at my appearance.

"Not what you were expecting?" I put my hands in my pockets as his eyebrows came together in confusion.

"What's SHIELD doing sending a boy in to question me?"

"Oh, I'm not here to question you!" He laughed.

"So you're babysitting," I shrug.

"Pretty much!" I pause for a bit as Loki seemed to analyse me. I wasn't a regular sight. I was small compared to other 12 year olds with scruffy, unkept black hair with rebellious red highlights. I was completely kitted out in SHIELD gear with a pistol in my holster. Not a common child. Anything but...

"How old are you?" The burning question finally asked.

"I'm 12," I shrug the answer off like it was nothing while the god's eyebrows raise in surprise.

"12?!" I nod before stepping forwards again.

"I apologise, I didn't introduce myself..." I straighten up before continuing. "Agent Leo Tucker, I'd shake your hand but..." I gesture to his cell before letting out my laughter. His face drops to an annoyed expression.

"Hilarious..."

"I know! I'm a comedy genius!"

"Does everyone know how irritating you are, Leo?" The emphasis on my name was scarily strong. Like when a parent full-names you and you know you're in for it. I shrug again.

"Yeah... I ain't shutting up to please people!"

"What a rebel," his voice laced with sarcasm. "How did SHIELD acquire such a... gem... as you then, boy?" I shrug again and he rolls his eyes with a sigh. "Do you shrug at everything?!" Just to annoy him, I shrug again and he groans. I laugh and finally reply.

"I'd rather not discuss how I ended up here with you..."

"What do your parents have to say about it?" I froze a little but quickly composed myself.

"They're long gone... SHIELD is my family now..." another look of surprise crossed Loki's face.

"Gone?"

"Not dead... unfortunately" I cover my vulnerability with a sly smirk and another shrug for good measure. He looks at me with an expression I can't work out. It's almost sad... but not really.

"Right..."

I had to keep an eye on him most days after that, and as much as I wouldn't have thought it. I looked forward to it. He was interesting and we would talk about all sorts. He soon got more comfortable and willing. We seemed to want to know all about each other. I mean... neither of us were typical people.

"You have magic powers?!"

"How long have you been an Agent?"

"Are you from space?"

"You know how to shoot a gun?! At your age?!"

It was back and forth whenever I was there. Constant questions about each other, but I knew Loki still really wanted to know about my past. I wasn't ready to say yet. Until one day... I shared something more that changed me forever...