Changes

500 years have passed ever since Katie Died. I couldn't even process it nor could I mourn her. It must be the result of my Immortality. Have I lost my Emotions Entirely? My sense of Empathy could barely work and my will of living was becoming weaker.

Katie Died of Old Age. She didn't face any dangers as long as she was under my protection, but she refused to become immortal. She said it would be better for her to just enjoy her short life and she did so as well. She lived her life to the fullest. She traveled a lot, fought a lot, mastered magic to its peak, and had a good life. However, she couldn't escape the flow of time. I watched as she became older and older day by day, year by year and I suffered. She was the only beacon of the light that I had in the endless darkness that devoured me slowly, and I lost her as well.

Despite this fact, I still followed my original cause – Peace amongst the stars and Galaxies. I could say that everything was going well. I couldn't change the nature of living beings. They killed each other all the time, but there were no wars. No Chaos and no massive cataclysms. If only a few people killed each other on each planet every day, it was good news for me. It was a sacrifice I was willing to make. It was much better than seeing billions of people getting slaughtered every day.

The Crusade that I sent from the Royale Palace has fought tirelessly. They punished those who didn't obey, favored those who obeyed, and helped the weak. Of course, there was a commotion in the Council. They couldn't fully accept the fact that the war was over, but what could they have done? The Empire was mine. I was the Supreme Being and if anyone started a rebellion, they would die very soon after.

The barren planets at the outskirts of the universe also obeyed us as we went there in the name of peace. Every time we had contact in the past we only gave them 2 options – Obey us or Die. We replaced the "obeying" part with "Join our empire" and it was very effective. No one chose to die, which was smart. The once abandoned and half-destroyed corner of the universe bloomed with life. We provided them with resources, money, food, and workers to rebuild their planets and it worked.

Soon this kind of strategy made it possible to gather the entire universe in my grasp. Every corner of the vast space was at my command. Before I started this crusade I was feared, but soon I gained people's respect and Love. I became a symbol of hope. If I was the emperor before, I became their God. The Empire itself still didn't have a name. I never came up with anything proper, so everyone just calls it "The Empire". I don't mind. I never needed formalities and names.

I decided to return to Katie's Universe and Check on it. I was already familiar with Multiverse Travel. Each universe was like a Layer of carpet that vibrated on a different frequency. I just had to adapt them and make my space-time portal vibrate at the same pace. It was an easy job for me and I've traveled through endless multiverse a couple of times in the future. I've seen many strong individuals but never remembered their names. There was a bald man in a Yellow Uniform. He was unbelievably strong and he was just like me. His Power became a curse as well and he couldn't find a strong opponent. He could just end every fight with one punch and his emotions went dull as well. I could understand him and Gave him what he desired – a proper fight and Death. I could feel that he was overjoyed in his last moments. The Crimson Devourer absorbed him as well, but I didn't get most of his power. Seems like he was physically strong and my sword absorbs spiritual and Divine energy. His flesh and Blood increased my Strength and speed by a little bit, but nothing special. The fact that he was just a human and he could survive my punches was very impressive.

I also have seen a man with a weird name. He was itching for a fight and changed his Hair colors a few times. He wasn't as strong as the bald guy but still, he was quite impressive. I managed to absorb a lot of Divine energy from him after my sword devoured him.