Chapter 1

My name is Tom, and I'm an adopted kid. My parents died in a car crash. They never got to say goodbye. My adopted mum is not very nice to me. She doesn't feed me a lot. That's why I'm as slim as a pencil. She says I'm just a waste of space. Anyways I was walking to school with my friend Olly. He was really nice to me, and knew what happened at home. We were walking to class when one of my classmates said something to me. Well, I wouldn't call them a classmate. "Hey Tom, tell your mum that she won't be able to see me cause she's dead."
That was my breaking point. I went up to him, pinned him against the wall, and punched him. Right in the stomach. He let out a cry as I punched him over and over again. He started spitting blood out his mouth. "TOM!" screamed the head. I didn't listen and kept punching the person who had said it. Tears started falling out of his eyes. The teacher pulled me away from him before I killed the bloody brat. He fell to the floor in pain. "I'll kill you!" I screamed, tears falling out of my eyes. I tried to escape the teachers grasp, but he wouldn't let me go. He pulled me away, more like dragged, and took me to his office. "Sit." He pointed at the chair on the other side of the desk. I slumped myself down and stared at him. "Right, Tom, he started, Why did you punch Jeremy." I stared at him. He slapped his hands on the desk for me to try and answer him. But I didn't respond. I then finally said some. "He said something about my mum." The teacher just looked at me and nodded, waiting for more, but there was no more. "Well, Tom, we will have to give you detention." As soon as he said that, I just got up and left. He started my name, but i didn't respond or listen. It was the end of the day, so I started to walk home. I was about 5 mins from home when I started to get hungry. So I decided that I would run home. I got in and opened the front door. Then I slammed it shut. I ran upstairs but then Lorraine shouted me. That was the name of my Foster mum. "You dare go upstairs, young man," she said, "and I'll put you behind the curtain. I had no idea what she meant by this, but I just assumed that it was an old saying.