🍬2. Stumped in Love- P2

*Shubman's POV*

I smiled looking at the image on my phone. I zoomed in, focusing on just him and I. Thanks to the team, they kept a small distance between both of us.
What will I do without them.

I cropped the picture, setting it as my wallpaper. I smiled at it, putting up a slow song.
"Aur Shubi, kya chal raha hai ye?" Virat bhai said, snow sitting with me.
"Kya bhai? Kuch bhi to nahi."
"Tujhe lagta hai ki main tera jhooth pehchaanunga nahi?"
"Are bhaii, sach mein. Bas kal maine raat ko galti se ball bhot jor se uske haath pe maar di thi, to uske skin par scratch aagya aur blood bhi tha, to bas maine uske bandage lagai thi, aur kuch nahi, sachi!"
"Han tu mujhse jo ro roke tickets leke gaya aur ye..." He held his phone, showing me the picture of Ishan with me, kissing my cheek.

"Aap log-"
"Sirf lagta hai ki 'duniya exist nahi karti' vagera vagera, par chhote, yahan sabne dekha hai ye" he said, snickering.
I blushed, feeling caught red handed. I wanted to have that picture to be honest, but I didn't know how to ask him.

"Bhej di tujhe" he said. "Tu jitna khud ko nahi jaanta, usse jyada tujhe main jaanta hun" he said, ruffling my hair a bit.
"Thank you, bhaiya"

---

Finally the time we all had been waiting for. The match. We won the toss and select to bat first. Rohit bhai and I went to open.
It was a very tense match at first, none of us got any boundaries in the first over. Strike rotated and then Rohit bhai was on. The first ball of the second over and it was a 6.
The crowd shouted, going crazy over the maximum and Rohit bhai hit three 4s in a row. The next 2 were singles.

Finally my strike. I took a deep breath in, focusing on the ball in front of me. Accepting it as a challenge, I adjusted myself and hit it. A STRAIGHT UP 6!
The opposition team looked at a loss of words as I hit another one and a four after that.

The crowd went crazy and people started to chant 'India India India'.
"The last ball of the innings, can Shubman hit a maximum for his century?"

94* reflected against my name. A six, that too in a single hit. Do or die. I wanted to get that. I wanted to hit that 100 for me, my team and especially Ishan.

Exhaling, I prepared myself to hit the last shot. The ball was bowled and I stepped out to play a step-out shot.

"It's in the air... Will it reach it?" My eyes fixed on the ball, the whole crowd was silent, probably hoping for a six too.

The ball landed right in the stands. "IT'S IN THE STANDS! HE'S DONE IT! SHUBMAN HAS HIT THAT LONG AWAITED CENTURY! OUR PRINCE IS BACK!"

Out of excitement, I ran straight into Rohit bhai's arms and jumped. He hugged me back and patted my back, showing me off to the world.
I then looked up at the big screen, people were celebrating and cheering, but then, the camera focused on someone I wanted to give a hug right now, and thank him for believing in me.
Ishan.
He really was here.
I could only get a glance at him, when the camera moved away. I tried to locate him everywhere, and then saw someone with my name on their Jersey. It was him!

A short innings break and Rohit bhai, being the best captain ever (I still love Virat bhai) set me to field near Ishan. Well, he was closer than before so it counts.

It wasn't long until the opposite team was all out. Bumrah bhai and Siraj bhai took 3 whole wickets to their name, bowled out. Two for Kuldeep and 1 for Jaddu bhai, and Shreyas bhai's direct throw for the run out was just awesome.

The whole team was flowing in a sea of happy vibes and I was awarded POTM.
After a short interview, I saw Ishan, still waiting where he was sat. I ran upto him, not caring if anyone else was looking.
"Ishan! You came"
"Of course I did... You were awesome out there! I'm so proud of that century!"
"I kept my promise too."

Someone beside him coughed, intentionally.
"Oh yes, Shubman, meet Tilak"
"Hi Tilak, thanks for coming to the match"
We shook hands, and he told me about how he's been a fan too.

"Why don't you join us all for sometime? We've all been waiting for you"
"Yo-"
"OF COURSE" Tilak said before Ishan could even complete his sentence.

----
"Jijaji is back" Siraj bhai said.
"*Clears throat* Everyone, this is Ishan and This is Tilak."
"OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE..."

Tilak started, very visibly fangirling over the team. I'm not complaining though, I used to do that, still do sometimes.
But I couldn't even pay attention to all their talks as my eyes were locked with Ishan. None of us moved, standing about a foot away from eachother.

His serene and placid aroma pulled me even closer to him, each time we breathed, we felt the world around us shift, even though everything was as stable as it gets.

I didn't even know who moved or what happened, but Ishan suddenly stumbled and I caught him. He fell facing into my chest. His smallr frame was now wrapped in my arms like my Christmas gift.
"Oops" He said.

*Ishan's POV*
"Hi" He said, shyly. "How are you?"
"A-awesme" I said, mispronouncing the word awesome.
It's a simple fucking word that people say almost daily and I couldn't get that right? What the heck!

"I have a little something for you"
"You always bring me gifts... I'm starting to think you've got a crush on me"
"What if I do?"

I blushed. This is definitely a dream, there's no way THE SHUBMAN GILL likes me back. WHAT!

He pulled out a gold necklace, with the Initial 'S'. Just S.
"What's this for?"
"S. Special. You're special to me Ishan, and I want you to remember that every single day"

I. Am. Melting. Inside. THERE IS NO WAY SHUBMAN. SHUBMAN GILL bought me a necklace.
"May I?" He asked. Omg he's such a gentleman Iftfg. The last time I met him, he said the same words before touching me. AAAAH! I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE.

I turned around, closing my eyes, letting him put it around my neck.
"This looks so beautiful, Shubman"
"No, Ishan. It's you who makes it look beautiful"
He said, his voice as low as a whisper. Hot, wark breaths hitting my lips.

"I actually got a matching one, for me. Would you, um, would-"
"Show me" I asked smiling.
It was indeed a matching one, with I written on it.
"Oh I see where this is going... C'mon, let me put that on you, but you'll have to kneel down a little first, you're too much of an Eiffel tower for me"
"As you wish, your Highness"

He bowed and then stood on just one knee. I put the necklace around his neck and said, "This I, not only stands for Ishan, but also for you to believe in yourself. To trust yourself and say 'I can do this' everytime you think you can't... If I'm not around you, and curse me if that ever happens, just remember I'm still next to you, near your beating heart. "

He stood up slowly, his hands dropping down on my waist, mine locking behind his neck.

"I know it's not even been a few days, since I met you, Ishan, but I want to explore the world with you. I want to have your support and love, day and night, and be there for you too... I want you to be my boyfriend, Ishan. Would you be mine?"

"Is this all real? I'm not dreaming, am I?"
"Do you want me to prove it to you?"
"Yes"

He then bent his upper frame down, slowly meeting his lips with mine. Our lips danced together, attached to each other like music notes, in a melodious, serene and a beautiful manner that was difficult to describe.

I am all that he wants and he is all that I need.
"I'll be yours, Shubman. For this lifetime and the others"
The whole ICT started to whistle and cheer as we continued to kiss.

"Ye saans-waans nahi leni hoti kya tumhe?"
"Chup reh, Tilak. Tu kya jaanega" I said, and everyone laughed, congratulating us.

____
.
.
.

🔚

A/N
I really liked this one, so I made this as a two-shot.
I thought of adding a little spice to it, but then I let it be.

Vote and comment 🤍