CHAPTER 17

Ways Dad: We will have to get them separated in order for Krit to become strong and fight for the family, you know? way's physical illness doesn't allow him to do this for us.

Ways Mom: So, you're going to give up on one of our own sons because of this? You're crazy. You know how much we prayed for them, and now that—

Ways Dad: This is all for us. You know that. Brother won't leave us if he knew that we don't have a proper one in the family to look after our wealth and business. You know we must do this to protect us. Way, he is going to die in just a few months or maybe he would last for a year, but Krit, he is healthy. We can train him to be the next leader in the family. They don't have to know each other. It's for their best.

Ways Mom: I am not letting you do this. He's our baby, our son. I'm not letting you just because you want to protect your wealth. He's as important to me as Way is. I'm not letting you take a part of me away from me.

Ways Dad: And I am going to do this because it is important. You know how much you are important to me. I can't let this family fall. It's important.

Ways Mom: And you're ready to sacrifice your son, let him roam around in the streets just because you want to train him for being strong? No, I won't let you do this, even if it costs us the whole family or even my life.

Ways Dad: Fine, you want Krit, okay, I'll take Way with me. You want that, right?

Ways Mom begged his Ways Father to let Krit and Way stay bonded, but Ways Father was blind to save the family and his wealth, so he let Krit go to one of the gangsters in Thailand, where Krit stayed suffering and trying his best, knowing he is just an orphan.

While Way lived his best life, he did everything in his will. He had the best life, while Krit starved for food. He had to work, and that was his father's POV of making him the stronger leader for the family by going through every familiar suffering so he knows everything.

It was his father's plan to get Krit to Pete so that he could steal info about his smaller brother and take over, but Krit was not the strong boy. He was small, as soft as ever. He was more fragile than Way, but all his fault was that he was healthy. That's all.

And Way, on the other hand, was suffering from a heart problem from the start, but that didn't stop him from living until now.

But Krit, who was trained to strangle Pete, was strangled by Pete's love. Everything about him he wanted to hate, but in return, he beloved Pete so much, so much that he was ready to do anything, even die for Pete.

Sooner or later, those gangsters who were guided by his father told Krit that he has to eventually kill Pete, but Krit denied. The gangsters intruded to Ways Father, telling him that he is the main boss and that he wants you to do this, and if he does it, he will help him find his family. But Krit denied again and ran away.

But when he knew that Pete's father was like this, both Pete and Krit ran away. But then they were found. Krit had no other way of going anywhere.

When he ran away on one side, it was the people who wanted him to kill Pete, which he could never do, and on the other side, it was himself. Seeing the horror in Pete's eyes when those guards tried to rape him was the only thing he saw.

If he went on the left, he had to kill Pete, and on the other side, it was when Krit, who would have to suffer, but he won't suffer as much as Pete would, so he chose the path in the middle.

He killed himself when he was with Pete. He shot himself, thinking that if he won't be here, Pete will be safe and never go through suffering. Thus, he died without knowing or ever seeing the face of his family, his mother, or even his father, all because of his father's greed and plans.

That day, not only Pete died with Krit.

When Krit and Ways Mom got to know this, it was hell in the house.

Ways Dad: I'm sorry. I never knew this would happen. He held Way Mom.

That day, not only Pete died with Krit.

When Krit and Way's Mom got to know this, it was hell in the house.

WAYS DAD: I'M SORRY. I NEVER KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. HE HELD WAYS MOM.

MOM: I DIDN'T SEE THE FACE OF MY OWN SON BECAUSE OF YOU. I DIDN'T SEE HIM IN HIS TIME AS WELL. OUR SON DIED. OUR SON DIED WITHOUT KNOWING HE HAD A MOM AND A DAD. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU SO MUCH.

[WAY WAS NOT HERE BECAUSE HE STUDIED ABROAD]

DAD: IT'S MY FAULT. IT'S MY FAULT. PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU.

MOM: WHAT BEGGING? HE IS GONE. KRIT IS GONE JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR GREED AND YOUR PLANS. YOU WANTED HIM AS A LEADER. WHERE IS THE LEADER NOW? HE IS GONE. YOUR FAMILY, OUR FAMILY, MAY IT ALL BE DESTROYED. I WISH THIS HOUSE BURNS DOWN, ALL OF THIS MOTHER'S SIN. BURN DOWN THIS HOUSE. MAY THIS FAMILY BE CURSED FOR THE WHOLE LIFE.

WAYS DAD: DON'T SAY THAT.

WAYS MOM: IT DOESN'T MATTER NOW.

[Nothing can compare to a mother's pain for her child. Trust me, I know this one. I have seen it myself. My own best friend was there, but she was not there, his mother. She cursed everything, everything, but she didn't wake up. It was hell in the house. It was hell in my heart, her mother's heart.][SORRY I GOT CARRIED AWAY LETS CONTINUE THE STORY]

WAYS MOM: EVENTUALLY, I STOOD UP, STOOD FOR WAY. HE WAS NOT WEAK, HE WAS NOT HEALTHY, BUT HE WAS NOT WEAK. HE WAS OBEDIENT, HE LOVED ME. Although he didn't have the best character, he was an alcoholic, he was not a good WAYS father. He became sick just after a month of Krit's death, and he is still in bed. It's his punishment, and you know what punishment I got? I got the punishment to live and see Way here, where I can't even help him. We tried everywhere, but never got any heart transplant, as if God never really wanted him to have another life at all.

Pete: You call yourselves parents? I call you sinners. How can you do that to your own son? He hated loud noises; you handed him a gun. He hated blood; you covered him with it. He hates loneliness; you left him all alone. He loved me; you took that from him as well. And now here, you also blame him for Way.

Ways Mom: I am at fault, and I know that. I was never a good mom to any of my sons. I truly wish I was dead, but God just never wants...

Pete: Enough! I can't see you anymore. Ways is mine, and he will live at all costs. All of you took Krit away from me. I will not let this happen with Ways as well.

The doctor came out, gravely serious. "The patient is losing air. Oxygen won't work. We have to get him on a ventilator sooner rather than later."

Pete: Doctor, do everything you can. I will sue this hospital if Way is not okay.

The doctor went back inside, and Pete watched, feeling helpless, as Way suffered inside the tubes. The pain Way was going through was more than anything Pete had ever witnessed.

Pete: You will live for me and our love...