Chapter 17

"What?" I asked softly, meeting his stares at last.

He looks behind me so I looked as well.

Gasping, this man got a bouquet of red roses delivered to me on our date.

"It's so beautiful." I awed, looking at the petals glistens underneath the light.

Is that glitter?

He passes me a sealed envelope and I put it aside to thank the guy who puts it in the spare seat at our table.

I'm sure if we weren't in a private room then people in this restaurant would be staring. It's huge and eye-catching.

But as a couple who won't survive on a small quantity of food, we ate a lot to satisfy our stomachs. Thus the private room.

An with all the Italian food I had today, it's worth the trip.

Having to eat to my heart's content while a man works and provides. I'm at peace.

Now I'm getting the fluffiest bouquet I've every gotten or seen.

"Thank you, San." I smiled, getting up and approaches him to give him some kisses. "It's just beautiful."

"Anything for you, love." He smiled as he closed his MacBook.

I returned to my seat and was about to open the envelope when the waitresses came and cleared the table.

Breaking the seal, the only thing that was inside is a key.

He doesn't use keys to his house so what was this for.

"San?" I raised the key looking puzzled.

"You're about to find out." He smiled, pouring us more champagne.

Another waitress came in and serves dessert.

"I thought you said I've been eating too many sweets and there's none for me today?"

He said nothing but when I looked down, it's that thing I expected to happen so soon.

Written in melted chocolate and caramel on a white platter are the words; WILL YOU MARRY ME? Then a little brown box next to slice of Italian Tiramisu.

My heart was beating so fast that I had to hold my chest.

Tears pricked my eyes as he came around and kneeled on one knee. Turning the chair with me on it so I was facing him.

"You know I don't like you crying." He smiled and wiped my cheeks.

"I can't help it." I sniffled. "Is this mine?"

"Of course..."

"Are you sure?" I cried more when he nods.

"What do you say about changing your surname and spending the rest of your life with me?" He held my hands and kisses them.

"I'm not perfect, San. What will your family say..."

"You're perfect for me and I know I'm perfect for you. I'm a grown man and my family has no say in my personal affairs, so what do you say love?"

He reaches for the box and I waited for him to open it.

The moment I saw the ring, I put my arms around him and cried in his neck.

"This is a no?" He teases and I moved away to push his shoulder making him laugh.

"Of course it's a yes." I frowned, drying my eyes.

Yuh cum inna mih and feel mih a seh yes. A tie yuh just tie mih.

He took my left hand and slid the ring on and it felt so heavy on my finger that I'm sure I'll have to get use to.