𝓒𝓗𝓐𝓟𝓣𝓔𝓡 𝓢𝓘𝓧

"Girl, it's not a coincidence! There's no way! It's a sign!" Becca squealed. "You two are meant to be!!"

I sighed. "Becca... I'm just doing what Winter told me to do. You know, wait it out... I guess? I don't want to assume, we've only met a few times."

"But you don't see this every day!" Becca said, taking a sip out of her cup, and then waving the waiter over. "We'll take the bill. Can we split it?"

The waiter nodded and walked away, as I said, "Well, I don't know... I'll think about it. Oh..." I added. "By the way, Luke wanted your number."

"I'm not interested in him though... Did you give it to him?"

"He wasn't either. He wanted to hang out with you as friends sometime. So yeah, I gave it to him."

"Oh. Cool. He hasn't texted me yet..." The waiter handed us the bill and we quickly paid. "He probably will soon."

We both walked out together, and then fist-bumped each other. "I'll see you soon?" Becca asked. "I've got track practice today before off-season."

"Yeah, I'll see you soon," I smiled.

After we walked off, I checked the time, and it was 1:15. "I've gotta go... Fuck."

I then ran off, pulling my phone out.

IsaHghs_Walker: You coming?

Brendan_J: Already pulling up

IsaHgs_Walker: Mhm, I'll be there

I then went to text Winter. I opened our DMs and texted her.

IsaHghs_Walker: hey ru coming?

Amira_68H: there alr

IsaHgs_Walker: see u :)

Amira_68H: u too, can't wait for u to be there

I turned off my phone, and jogged the rest of the way.

Once I got to the rink, I walked in and got on my skates and gloves. Brendan waved me over, and the rink was basically empty. Winter nodded in acknowledgement, and I nodded back at her.

"Glad you could make it," Brendan smiled.

"Yeah, I was going to be late," I laughed. "Sorry about that. I know that you guys were both early."

"Hey, no worries. Just happy that you're here now."

Winter raced around the rink, and said, "I know that you're late sometimes, so I really don't care."

"Alright," I said. "So, uh, what did you want to do?"

"Maybe just skate around, and catch up on life? We haven't talked in a long time..."

"I guess," I said. "Let's go."

We slowly started skating around the rink while we asked each other simple questions.

"So, how's life?" Brendan asked.

"Uh, the same, pretty much... I mean, I'm taking the same classes in college. I've been hanging out with a few more friends, Becca, Winter... Now that I think of it, I did change roommates. I used to be with Becca, right? I'm with Winter now."

"Is it fun?"

"She's always out at practice, but I guess that's fine, sometimes I prefer to do my schoolwork alone. I also prefer to get ready for work alone."

"Same job?"

"Yeah, same coffee shop, my shift is from eight to ten and I have courses at ten thirty and three. What about you? How are you doing?"

"Well," he started. "I've been thinking of changing jobs to the restaurant next to the coffee shop you're working at.

After about thirty minutes of talking. Brendan turned the other way. "I'm gonna get some water. Uh, I'll be back."

"Cool," I shrugged. I decided to do one more round and started skating.

Just as I got to the back of the rink, a voice shouted something, as I heard new skates glide across the ice. "Alright!"

I looked for a second, and guess who it was? Jack Hughes himself.

He was wearing a thin black shirt which wrapped around his toned body, and thin pants which made it easy to see his...

Nevermind.

I gulped, looked away, and covered my face, but Winter did the opposite.

Winter hurried over to Jack and started talking to him, but things seemed to turn south after a while. Winter quickly turned away and skated over to me. "Hughes wants to talk to you," she scoffed.

I blinked for a few seconds, trying to comprehend what was going on. Jack Hughes wanted to talk to me.

I slowly skated over to him, and he waved. His cheeks were slightly turned red from the cold, and his hair was just messy enough to look good.

I hated to admit it, but he looked so hot.

"Oh, Jack! What are you doing here?" I asked him, blushing. I hoped that

he wouldn't notice.

"Just here to skate before the season starts. Just practicing extra early. What about you?"

"Uh, just here to skate. Nothing special."

"I see," Jack said. "Hey, you said that you tried playing hockey, right?"

"Mhm...?"

"Why don't you try again? Do some stick handling, shoot some pucks, what do you say?"

This was what Luke meant, wasn't it? He wanted to hang out with me and play hockey. "I-" I thought about it for a split second but then decided what I was going to say. You only live once, right?

"Yeah, I would love to."

Jack grinned. "Sweet. I brought an extra stick."

He skated over, quickly ran off the ice, and came back on with a stick, ignoring Winter, who walked off the ice.

A/N:

Thank you all for reading! Make sure to drop a comment and a vote! I love this chapter, and I'm going to upload a chapter right after this!

There's going to be plenty of things ahead, including smut, romance, jealousy, and drama! I can't wait to write everything!!

866 words 💞💞