𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 ━━ 𝘢𝘣𝘺𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘺

▬▬ twilight quietness, abysmal fancy

HIS HAIR was drenched as Nanami stepped out of the shower area. His skin glistened under the artificial lights, as his face and hair were adorned with crystal-like speckles coursing like achromatic ivory tears. Wrapping a towel around his waist, covering the essentials, he began doing his nightly routines.

Nanami liked to keep himself looking pleasant and clean, thus his grooming habits became more of a ritual than anything else. He was keeping his nails neat and short. He would shave regularly, keeping those unseen hair trimmed and clean; ergo, he always smelled like expensive shampoo and cologne. He would brush his teeth thrice a day, floss and scrub his tongue at least once a day. Moisturization was also important for him: applying lotion to his body and drinking sufficient water within the day.

Work was quite forgiving that day. He managed to get home early, indulged in a fancy dinner and expensive alcohol, and had time to for himself. Another day of being alive. Although he wasn't anticipating what tomorrow would bring.

After finishing up in the bathroom, he exited and switched off the lights. Nanami grabbed clothes on his wardrobe and wore there them. He walked towards his bed, dropping his body freely on the plush mattress and let himself be comforted to find for his sleep. It was still early for him—nine in the evening—but he was already opting to sleep. Today's mission was light, as he mentioned, tomorrow might be the opposite. Wednesday tomorrow, and he tend to feel exhausted on the day. Halfway to the weekend finish line, he could only sigh; Nanami always had his fair share of despair when he would face another three more days of hard work.

Nanami's eyes fell to his phone buzzing on the table next to the bed. Reaching for it, it was your name that was flashing on the screen. He answered after a few seconds, then put the speakers against his ear.

"Yes?" he greeted in his business-like tone.

There was nothing at first, just silence on the other side of the line . . .