Ch.1

Narrator's Pov
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was a warm, sunny day. An occasional light breeze passed through the air, keeping it perfectly cool when needed. Though it was nearing fall, the weather was still nice and didn't feel too stuffy nor too dry, perfect for going on walks or playing in your front yard. That wasn't the case for Luzio though, he'd been stuck inside nearly all summer and hadn't been on good terms with his mother for quite some time now. They were currently in a heated argument and the tension in the room grew thicker with each jab at each other.

"All I'm asking is why you're constantly trying to get rid of me?" Luzio said as his tone grew more irritated.

"You're just too much, and you always want to do something new. Can't you just settle down for once and stop living like a disgrace?" His mother hissed back, the sting of her words setting into Luzio, though he didn't show it.

"Well I'm sorry that I want to live life to the fullest. Just because you didn't get to doesn't mean I shouldn't get the chance," Luzio muttered the last part under his breath, trying to calm himself.

"I have a reputation to maintain and a name that I'd like to be respected, you know how hard it is to keep that when my son is out messing around with no care in the world for how it will affect me?" She yelled back.

"All you ever care about is your damn reputation. Do you ever stop to think maybe this is why my father divo-"

Before he could finish his sentence he was interrupted by a screeching "Shut your mouth," followed by a slap to his face.

He wanted to say more but decided it was best not to do so. Within a split moment there was a flash of light and he vanished from the room. His mother was still aggravated, but she knew there wasn't anything else he could do against her orders. Luzio on the other hand thought to himself that if she wanted him to do everything she said, he would, and he'd make sure to involve trouble with each step he took. Another blur of bright light and he appeared in a new room. The walls were black, accompanied by a wooden floor mostly covered with a fuzzy, dark purple carpet. He looked around the mildly messy room, some clothes on the floor and on a random chair in the corner of the room, things cluttered on top of the broken dresser. Dimly lit lights kept the room dark and cozy.

The door opened and a loud groan was heard from behind him. Luzio snickered and plopped down onto the big bed, cuddling up to the pillows.

"Why are you in my house, and in my room, and on my bed?" One of his best friends, Dani, questioned as he bit into a twinkie.

"Got into an argument with that bitch again, decided it was better to come here." Luzio stated.

"About where she's sending you?" Dani asked. "Same here actually, my mom was genuinely shaking from how angry she was. I got told to go to my room, but I was hungry so..." Dani walked over to his bed and sat down beside Luzio.

"I wonder if the same happened with B. You know how stubborn he is." Luzio laughed.

"Honestly Luz, I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't force him to come with us. He has a way of getting what he wants." Dani stated as he took another bite of his Twinkie, which was also the last bite.

"Yeah, but that'd be unfair. Why do we have to go to some uptight university in the middle of nowhere in the first place?" Luzio replied.

"Maybe cause it's a place full of people like us. Might be fun y'know, maybe you'll meet someone just like you," Dani stated with a shrug, shifting slightly to lay on his favorite pillow.