- apricot

"You're.. simple." — JASON GRACE

ੈ✩‧₊˚

Jason felt stupid. Ever since Leo and Piper had returned to the ship after retrieving the scepter, Leo was.. distant, distracted, away.

Jason thought they had made a break through that night when they spoke.

He also couldn't help being so worried when him and Piper basically put themselves on a platter to get the scepter that day,

Jason was cut off of his thoughts when the table of demigods starts to disperse.

Leo and Piper are immediately by each other's side and as they walk out, Jason sees Leo glance at him before they leave.

Jason was bored. It was his watch again so naturally, like Jason does, he ended up in the engine room with Leo.

Jason thought Leo would be working on the engine, like usual, but the son of Jupiter was instead met with a dozed off son of Hephaestus.

He chuckled to himself and smiled at the scene, before walking over, sitting next to him, and nudging Leo.

"Leo, as much as I hate to say it, you gotta get up dude." Jason said.

Leo shifted and fluttered his eyes open, looking around for a moment and blinking at Jason with a confused and sleep expression.

Jason chuckled again as he felt the heat rise to his cheeks slowly, the son of Hephaestus had even more messier hair than usual.

"Oh, hi Jase." He muttered as he rubbed the back of his head and sat up fully. "Is it morning?"

"No, I just wanted to wake you up." Jason replied.

"That's mean."

"Yeah, I guess." Jason chuckled. "Leo, can I ask you something?"

"What's up, Superman?" Leo asked.

Jason contemplated for a moment, "Are you mad at me?"

Leo paused. "What? No, Jase, why would I be mad at you?"

"I dunno. You've just been really.. distant, lately, I guess." Jason sighed and glanced away, embarrassed.

"Oh, er.." Leo seemed to hesitate. "Ive just been struggling with a lot of.. feelings, lately. I don't know how to really deal with them."

"Feelings?" Jason blinked.

"About someone." Leo blurted, and Jason swore he saw a small tint on Leo's cheeks.

"Oh. Right." Jason murmured.

There was silence for a moment, the two boys just sitting there together. Jason felt comfortable, like he always had with Leo.

But when they locked eyes at the same time?

Jason couldn't keep himself from biting his lower lip. The way Leo's eyes danced like sparks of fire, the sparkle of the fire from the engine room lighting up his messy hair.

It was too much. Jason felt his heart swell in his chest as if it were going to burst.

His breath grew tight in his throat, and he felt his fingers curl into tight fists, as all the thoughts he'd spent the whole night trying to repress flooded his mind.

Jason wanted to devour him. To feel the softness of his lips against his own. To have his arms around Leo, to just love him.

Jason knew it was wrong, but looking at those eyes? He couldn't help himself.

Jason held his breath as his lips met Leo's. They pressed themselves close together, their breath mingling as their hands came up to run through each other's hair.

Jason's heart leapt in his chest, and he felt a rush of adrenaline.

Leo's lips were soft and sweet, and he couldn't get enough of them.

Jason's hands roamed down Leo's body, sliding along his sides and back. The sensation of their skin touching sent shivers through Jason's body.

They lingered in the kiss for a while, Jason could feel Leo's body against his own, and the feel of his Leo's skin was intoxicating.

He could feel every inch of Leo against him and it felt like heaven.

Jason wanted nothing more than to just stay like this forever, the soft touches and sweet kisses setting his body on fire.

Jason moved his lips onto Leo's jawline, leaving small kisses as Leo turned beat red.

Only then did Jason pull away at realization that the two had basically just made out in the engine room.

During Jason's watch.