The Tenno

—<|MASS EFFECT|>—

Nihlus Kryik, turian Spectre of the Citadel Council, turned toward the grimly-hued sky as he exited the lifeless residence of one of the human colonists, whom Nihlus last saw strewn about on their own floor, charred into a black crisp.

Nihlus closed his eyes and inhaled a sharp hiss of air, which had him catch the wafting scent of scorched human corpses and had the faint taste of coppery human blood leak onto his tongue. Nihlus then reopened his eyes and gazed intently into the sky in thought, with his rifle – the Banshee – held close to his chest. 

Nihlus's musings turned toward Eden Prime: the human colony upon which his mission – the retrieval of a Prothean beacon – currently took place. 

Nihlus had only seen images of the colony while in his quarters on the Normandy. It appeared tranquil — beautiful. He'd heard talk of it from the Systems Alliance corporal, Richard L. Jenkins. The human had grown up on this planet.

Nihlus briefly cast his gaze behind his shoulder, toward the grizzly pyre comprised of the charred remains of the human colonists.

Those not in the pyre of blackened corpses were impaled on the retractable spikes of geth tripod devices, which appeared to be slowly transforming their bodies.

The heinous display had Nihlus give the corporal a brief thought of pity before he turned to focus on a nearby spaceport's cargo train platform, which was surrounded by mounds and rocky cliff faces.

Nihlus scanned the facility with his turian eyesight, noting down the ground-level portion and the elevated cargo-stocked concrete platform with a pair of slanted bay doors leading into the facility proper and waist-high steel barriers-slash-rails enclosing the area. To the left of the facility was its namesake, the cargo train and the monorail system, which was confined between a long series of concrete walls and an opposing platform to the one before Nihlus.

 To the left of the facility was its namesake, the cargo train and the monorail system, which was confined between a long series of concrete walls and an opposing platform to the one before Nihlus

Nihlus made his toward the cliff side of the leveled mound the residential area had been built atop of. He carefully made his way down the cliff side, leaping down from flat rock to flat rock before eventually landing onto the ground with a roll.

Nihlus gathered himself with a sharp breath and promptly surveyed his surroundings before scrambling toward the stairs leading onto the platform. He covertly climbed the steps and then crouched himself down against the waist-high steel barriers enclosing the garage's patio.

Nihlus peeked his head out from cover to reconnoiter the platform and quickly caught sight of a sleek and rotund bipedal figure in dark robing standing in the middle of the court. Nihlus additionally gleaned pieces of white armor underneath the figure's dark robe. 

Nihlus was for a brief second stupefied by the unknown figure's attire. But Nihlus's training promptly kicked in and swiftly nipped his budding doubts.

The geth were an unknown, and ever since they began their assault on Eden Prime, Nihlus had been fighting blind. So a white geth donned in a black robe wasn't beyond comprehension.