❝𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞❞

(Him during this chapter)

It was simple in this part of life, kill or be killed. It wasn't easy to survive as an orphan. You had to steal, lie and sleep on the streets. And here the biggest worry was the rich snobs that would either look the other way or beat you. I was one of the unlucky ones being an orphan. Life was hard after my mother was killed, she was a prostitute for a few of the rich men in sina and once one of them found out about me, she was slaughtered.

Titans weren't a worry for people in wall rose, just the people. I had to do a lot to survive, things I wasn't proud of even as a child.

I head down one of the back roads in the town I was currently in, looking for a bakery or some meat shop I could steal from. It was busy enough during the day I could sneak some out and eat it or store it for later. My eyes landed on a popular meat shop and I start heading towards it. I could feel a few eyes on me, since I was filthy and in rags. But I didn't care, I was focused on getting myself fed.

Once I had gotten to the back of the meat shop I grab a cow leg and quickly runs as fast as I could as one of the men spotted me. The man chased me down the street and I panic a little bit.

"Get back here you filthy shit!!" He shouts loudly.

"Catch me if you can fat pig!" I snap and take the main road to lose him.

But before I could register what happened I slam right into a horses chest and fall down. I look up and see a large black horse and a gorgeous man sitting on it. Then I realized that there was others behind him on horses.

"Oh my, it's the scouts, isn't that Captain Levi? Poor kids going to get beaten," a lady in the crowd murmurs.

I only tightened my grip on the meat as the gorgeous man named Levi gets off his horse. My eyes don't leave him and he looks down at me.

"S-sorry," I barely managed to spit out.

"Ugh your filthy brat," he grumbles.

His eyes land on the meat I clenched in my hands then at the man who chased me and was holding a butcher knife.

"I'll take responsibility for the brat, and pay for the meat," Levi says.

My eyes widened at his words, my body finally relaxed as the adrenaline left me. The butcher looks between us then nods. Levi throws a small bag at him with money in it then grabs my arm and tugs me over to his horse.

"Id suggest you don't chase a kid with a knife again or you will be arrested even if he stole meat from you," Levi growls at him.

He throws me onto the horse then gets on and we take off with the other scouts behind us. I stare at him with admiration and my heart flutters. His head turns and he looks at me.

"Your skinny as hell, where's your mother?," he asks.

"She's dead.. sir," I murmur to him.

His eyes change from pissed to pity. Usually that would piss me off but all I wanted was his pity and him to care about me.

"I see..," he says quietly.

"Hey Levi! I have a friend that can take him in," a lady says.

"Then go ahead and take him hange," Levi said.

Suddenly I was picked up and set on the horse hange was on. She gives me a kind smile and I smile back at her. She starts to leave the group and I just turn my head to look at levi. He waves and has a tiny smile on his lips. I wave back at him shyly.

Someday we will meet again. And I hope you will remember me