Chapter 1

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I woke up to my annoying alarm beep, it's only mid year and I still can never get up. My brother always wakes up before me because he's a morning person. Like who wakes up at 5 and actually wants to get up? No one but my brother.

My brother Alex came in my room and shook me to wake up.
"Ugh leave me alone" I mumbled with my face buried in my pillow.
"Get up" he said.
"Or what"
I was shocked when Alex slapped my face surprisingly hard. I gave the I'm gonna kill you look.
"You're dead!" I yelled as I started chasing him around the house till I finally got him and put him in a head lock.

I know my parents are trying to sleep peacefully but when my brother slaps my face I could care less.
"Let me go" he said trying to get out of my grip.
"Why should I"
"I helped you get out of bed" he said laughing a little.
"Shut up"

My parents walked downstairs and saw me holding Alex.
"Mom help" Alex pleaded trying to act like the innocent brother.
"Clarissa let him go" my mom said.
"He slapped me in the face first" I said angrily.
"That explains the bruise on your cheek" my dad said.
"What?!" I said turning to look at Alex.
"You can barley even see it" he said touching my cheek.
"Don't touch me"
"Don't touch me then" he said.
"Rissa just let him go, we'll talk about it after school" my dad said, and yes he calls me Rissa.
"Fine" I said letting go of Alex and we both ran to our rooms.

I looked at the bruise on my cheek and Alex lied, you can see it alright. I grabbed some makeup and covered it as much as I could. I put on some light skinny jeans and a tan colored sweater. I went downstairs and ate breakfast then mom then dropped off me and Alex at school.

I might not be tall but not too short but I can never reach the stuff in my locker. I tried grabbing my math book but I couldn't reach it this time, that was till someone from being me grabbed it with no hesitation. I turned around and there was a really cute guy with brown eyes and brown hair with a lot of moles on his face, I wanted to count them.

"Need this" the boy said.
"Yeah thanks" I said going to grab my book but he was rude enough to lift it high up in the air, making it harder for me to get.
"And guys this is why you have to earn things, people think you'll just give them stuff because they need it" he said and all the guys nodded.
"Can I-" but he continued and opened my book.
"Ah, Clarissa here still hasn't learned her lesson" he said.
"And I see you haven't learned your lesson" I said rudely folding my arms.
"And how is that" he said hovering over me.
"You haven't learned that you can't just take things that don't belong to you just for your entertainment" I said looking up at him.
"Oooh" all the guys said.
"Now can I have my book now... Please" I said with my hand out.

The bell rang and he gave my book back then left, I went to class and thought about Dylan.
"I don't think he has any classes with me... I hope" I say to myself.
I walked into math class and thankfully, no Dylan.

Once class ended I went to my next class. It was almost the end of school and he wasn't in any of my classes and over time I almost forgot about it... Till I walked into history class. There he was, talking to the other guys, charming with those freckles- wait what am I talking about, he's mean, but still cute- no, I'm just having a war with my own self.

I wished class was over so I could leave Dylan's sight, I could feel him looking at the back of my head. After everyone left the class it was just me and a couple other students still getting our stuff, including Dylan, but it looked to seem he was stalling.
"Clarissa, can I see you for a moment" my teacher said.
"Yeah" I said walking up to his desk.
"What's up?" I said.
"Well, would you like to be a tutor?" He asked.
"Could I have more details" I said.
"Well I have a student failing this class and they need a tutor and you're... Well one of the top students in my class, would you mind tutoring them?"
"I wouldn't mind, I have a lot of free time" I said.
"Great, but you can't back out, that's the thing about making commitments"
"Ok I got it"
"Dylan would you come here for a moment" the teacher said.
Dylan walked over and glanced at me.
"What" he said.
"Meet your tutor"
"Wait excuse me" I said.
"You'll be tutoring Dylan"
"I'm sorry but I can't tutor him" I said.
"You already made a commitment"
I looked at Dylan then back at the teacher then paused for a moment.
"Fine" I said.
"Great, well have a nice day" my teacher said.
"Bye" I said and walked out of class quickly so I could get away from Dylan.
"Clarissa" Dylan said but I kept walking.
"Clarissa wait" Dylan said.
"What" I said turning around.
"You forgot your stuff" he said holding it.
"You sure I don't have to earn it back or you can hold it out of my reach" I said rudely.
"No" he said handing my stuff to me.
"What game are you trying to play" I said slowing grabbing my books.
"I'm not trying to play some game" Dylan said.
I went to grab my last book but he jerked it away.
"But since you want to play one I can" he said holding my book up high.
"What do you want" I said.
"Not want, need" Dylan said.
"Ok, what do you need" I said.
"A tutor, at my house" he said.
"Why your house" I said putting my stuff away in my locker except history stuff.
"Because I'm not ready to go to your house" he said looking at the ground.
"Are you nervous? I said laughing.
"No" he said quickly.
"You are" I said, I found this funny.
"So my house?" He said.
"Fine, only because you're nervous" I said taunting him.
"Ok great, here's my number and address" he said writing it down on a sheet of paper and handing it to me.
"Ok" I said taking the paper and taking my book bag out of my locker.
"See you later" he said and walked away.

I was seeing a different side of him.