Chapter 2

To be honest I was actually pretty excited to go to Dylan's, I still kinda hated him but I guess I'll have to get along with him so tutoring doesn't become complicated. I may just be tutoring but this is a guy, and I had to make myself presentable. I took a shower and got dressed in a grey sweatshirt and shorts.

I started doing my makeup, I looked at my bruise, it looked a little worse than before. I started putting foundation on but ran out... Crap, my bruise is so noticeable.
"Mom!" I yelled.
No reply. Oh yeah, I forgot she's at work. I would use my moms foundation but she doesn't have it. I had to leave really soon so I didn't have time to go to the store and get some.
"Oh well" I said to myself in the mirror so I just put my hair in front of the bruise, I was a little worried.

I grabbed my book bag and grabbed the paper Dylan gave me. I went downstairs and called my dad.
"Yes Rissa?"
"Can I use the car?" I had gotten my drivers license a month ago.
"Sure, where you headed?"
"Tutoring"
"Since when do you need a tutor, I thought you were smart"
"I am dad, I'm tutoring someone"
"Okay, have fun"
"Studying? Yeah right" I chuckled then hung up.

I grabbed the car keys and looked at the paper to read his address. Once I got there it didn't look like anyone was home but I still went to knock on the door. As soon as I knocked he opened the door.
"What is it?" He asked.
"Um... Tutoring" I said holding up my book.
"Oh, right come in"
"You live here by yourself?"
"No, my parents aren't here"
"So you're by yourself?"
"Not now since you're here"

Great I'm home alone with him I thought.
"So where do we work?" I said.
"The couch" he said.
"Okay" I went to the couch and got my stuff out.

We started working but I could feel him looking at me. I glanced over to him and our eyes met.
"What is it" I said a little nervous.
"Nothing, it's just..." He stopped as I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked back down at my paper.
"What happened to your face" he said I had almost forgotten about it.
"Um... it's nothing, just my brother showing how much he loves me" I said.
"He hit you? Why?"
"Not hit, more like a hard slap, he was getting me up for school" I said.
"Looks like it hurts" he said lightly putting his thumb on the bruise, looking into my eyes. He leaned in but then I tried to come up with a reason not to kiss him.
"Um I have a boyfriend" I said quickly feeling relieved as he backed up hearing that. I actually wanted him to kiss him but I panicked.
"Oh sorry" he said looking a little disappointed about what I had just said.

I only wished I actually had a boyfriend. I haven't had a boyfriend since 6th grade. Every guy it seems like is taken or a jerk, which Dylan still kinda is.

An hour pasted and I don't think Dylan was listening at all. It seemed like he was caught up in his own thoughts, I wish I new what he was thinking for a whole hour.
"Well I think I should get going" I said getting up. He finally snapped out of his thoughts and seemed a little lost.
"What are you doing?" He asked grabbing my hand.
Did my lie not work?
"I'm leaving" I said pulling my hand away.
"Did I do something wrong?" He looked like a lost puppy, it was adorable... what am I talking about I had to leave.
"No you did I'm mean didn't do anything wrong" great he had my words confused.
"Did I or did I not do something wrong Clarissa" he said standing up towering over over my body, it kinda frightened me.
"No you didn't" I said quickly.
"You sure because you seem frightened right now" he said getting down on my level face to face, smirking.
"I'm not frightened" I said laughing trying to shake it off but he just looked at me, and yeah I was frightened.
"Ok, maybe a little" I said, and as soon as I did he stood up and seemed sorry.
"Sorry, just a little disappointed, I didn't mean to scare you" he said.
"Well I should get going now" I said.
"Yeah, bye" he looked kinda disappointed like he said he was.

I woke up the next mourning and laid in bed not wanting to get up like always. Alex came in my room to wake me up, like always.
"Wake up" he said smiling.
"No" I mumbled.
"Sorry for me doing this again" Alex lifted his hand and went to slap me but as soon as he tried I grabbed his hand tightly.
"Oh no you don't" I said making my grip tighter.
"Ow, rissa stop"
"Don't call me that, and don't always slap me to wake me up, I already have this" I pointed to my bruise that he had left.
"Oops" Alex gave me an uneasy smile, hoping I wouldn't hurt him. I let go of his wrist and went to my bathroom.
I got ready and pulled on a pink v neck sweatshirt and yoga pants then pulled my hair into a side fishtail.

I ate breakfast and mom dropped me off at school. As soon as I walked in I saw Dylan, I was gonna go talk to him but he was with the groups of guys I got embarrassed in front of before so I decided to stay back.

All of the classes went by slow till history came. There was one desk in front of Dylan so I sat there. As class started I slightly turned my head so I could see Dylan, he soon noticed and I looked away quickly.

The whole class period Dylan avoided contact with me. Soon class ended and it was time to go home. Dylan got up fast and almost ran out of the room. I followed him but couldn't catch up.
"Dylan" I yelled down the hall.
He slowed down but still kept walking, I finally caught up to him but he just looked down.
"Are you okay?" I asked crouching down and looking up into his puppy brown eyes.
"Yeah" he said quietly.
"What's wrong" I said crossing my arms.
"Nothing" he said turning away.
"Tell me"
"Don't you have to be somewhere, Like with your boyfriend?" He said with a mad tone.
"Wait a minute" I laughed to myself.
"Your mad because I have a boyfriend?"
"And if I am?" He said raising an eyebrow.
"That's a little sad" I giggled.
"Then go" he pouted.
"I can't" I said to him.
"Why?"
"Because I'm your tutor, unless..."
"Unless what?" He said, wanting more.
"Unless I tell Mr.Brown that you don't want a tutor anymore and I just quit" I said with a little smirk.
"No no no I was just playing around with you" he said
"I'm sorry but I just can't"
"Please don't leave rissa" he said.
Did he just call me rissa? I said to myself
"Please" he said with those puppy eyes.
"Stop it" I covered my eyes with my hands.
"What is it" he smiled.
"Those puppy eyes" I kept my eyes covered.
"Oh I'm sorry are they bothering you?" He teased.
"No" I hesitated.
"Oh really?" He kept teasing as he pulled my hands away from my eyes.
"What are you doing?" I asked, not sure of what he was capable of. He stopped holding my hands and he looked at the the ground.
"I have to go home" he said walking away.
"So do I come over for tutoring today?"
"Yeah, sure"

I walked away not sure of what just happened. I grabbed my stuff and went home. When I got home I went straight to my room and got ready to go to Dylan's. For some reason I was really excited and I couldn't get him out of my head.

I went downstairs and no one was home, I looked in the garage and no cars were there. So I started walking to Dylan's house, it wasn't that far but it seemed like it. When I got there a car was in the driveway. I went up to the door and rang the doorbell. Dylan answered.