Chapter -1: A Silent Cry

The night air was thick with anticipation as Sarah walked home, the faint scent of birthday cake lingering in the breeze. It had been her birthday yesterday, a day that was supposed to be celebratory, but instead, it ended in a haze of confusion and pain.

She had never been one for grand celebrations or loud parties. Sarah was the kind of person who found solace in silence, her thoughts often a tumultuous storm brewing within her mind. Despite her efforts to blend into the background, her twenty-fifth birthday felt like an opportunity to break free from the monotony of her routine—to experience something new, something daring.

So, with a mixture of nervous excitement and trepidation, she had accepted a glass of champagne at her friend's gathering—a decision that would alter the course of her night, and perhaps, her life.

The alcohol burned her throat as she took a hesitant sip, the bubbles dancing on her tongue. For a brief moment, she felt a sense of liberation, a fleeting escape from the weight of her thoughts. But that moment of respite was shattered when she found herself alone with her friend's husband—a man whose gaze held a darkness she couldn't decipher.

What followed was a blur—a nightmare she wished she could erase from her memory. She felt his hands, his words like venom poisoning her mind. And in that moment of vulnerability, Sarah's world crumbled around her.

With trembling hands and tears streaming down her cheeks, she fled from the house, her steps echoing in the empty streets. She needed someone—anyone—to listen, to understand the turmoil raging within her soul.

Desperate for solace, she sought refuge in the comforting embrace of her cousin sister, hoping to find understanding in the midst of her pain. But as she poured out her heart, she realized that her sister's upcoming wedding consumed her attention, leaving little room for Sarah's anguish.

Alone once more, Sarah's despair threatened to consume her, suffocating her in its suffocating embrace. But just when she thought she had reached the end of her rope, a glimmer of hope emerged—a lifeline in the darkness.

Her sister, sensing her desperation, introduced her to a kind soul—a man whose voice carried a warmth she had long forgotten. With hesitant fingers, she dialed his number, her heart pounding in her chest as she waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" His voice was a soothing balm to her shattered spirit, his words a lifeline in her sea of despair. And as she poured out her pain to this stranger-turned-confidant, she felt a flicker of hope ignite within her soul—a spark of resilience in the face of adversity.

Though the night was far from over and her journey of healing had only just begun, Sarah knew that she was no longer alone—that even in her darkest moments, there were hands reaching out to guide her back into the light.

And so, with a newfound sense of purpose, she took a tentative step forward, her heart heavy with the weight of her past but brimming with the promise of a brighter tomorrow.