STORY 1: YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE

I'm strumming my guitar singing my parent's favorite song in their era "You are my sunshine".

I'm already a third year college, taking the BSIT course.

Back to what I'm saying earlier....

"Hey, that was nice" a lady wearing the same uniform as I am approach me while taking aback of her hair backwards, well I admit she's really pretty, wait I've known her somewhere.

I was caught off guard by her dazzling eyes that looked at me, I feel like I've found my worth. She shine like the sun, like her name "Sol, right?" I asked her.

She smiles sweetly like a sunflower that blooms in the spring and she answered me "Yes, I am" she said.

"What song are you singing?" She sat beside me and looked at me innocently.

"It's uhm, the song's name is you are my sunshine" I shiver while answering, I couldn't look straight into her eyes, I'm afraid I might...

"What a nice and splendid song, can you play that again?" As per her request, I've played her that song again.

That day was the best! Everyone, every guy in this school, enamored this lady with me here! Sol is the department beauty of the psychology course and also she won the university beauty, she is witty, pretty and kind, she is meek, she doesn't raise her voice, she had a soft melancholy voice that could soothe your emotions and make you feel blessed, she's also a religious one, I dare say, she's perfect. Any guy who would get her would be the luckiest guy in the world.

Days passed on and months, I and Sol, spent time together was the most treasured moments of my life, I feel like I'm on cloud nine.

We always spent time together in the music room, she was part of the music club, she is the main vocalist. She is really something. After every, practice I took her home, I even sometimes get invited to their house for their family occasion. Her family was generous, she had a 3 little siblings who are also welcoming.

My feelings for her grew every time I'm with her. That smile alone could save me a couple drawbacks on the hardships of my studies. It was really great!

Later on, 3 months before this school year ends, I, Andrei, confessed my feelings for her in front of her family at their house, I serenade her and her family this sweet song, You are my sunshine.

We became official l together since then, I get a lot of harsh comments from the campus' guys that I don't deserve her, yet she's here saying "You're worth more than anything I could have, love, don't listen to them okay?" As she kissed my cheek. I'm really in love with this lady here.

Her professor called unto me saying Sol had been taking her absence for quite a long time, she send excuse letter, but that won't save her. Her grades now cannot suffice the count of days she's absent.

I visited her house, as usual. There's no one there, then suddenly my phone rings! It's her, she's calling me, I can't explain my happiness till her mother says "She's now in the hospital, come over quick" my smile fades away.

I hurriedly rushed over to the said hospital and there I find her laying in hospital bed, pale, and weak. I can't bear to watch her like this.

"Hey love, come here" she instantly smile like nothing happened to her. I go to her and took a chair and sat there. I held her cold, thin and weak hand. She smiles again but it hurts me, seeing her like this, I didn't know any of this, "How fair thou my sunshine is" I stroke her hair that laid across her face and smile, holding back my tears.

"As fair as the rose yet as bright as the sun" I follow through that line. She smiles and said nothing at all. She just always smile.

Later on, weeks passed by, the doctor said that her leukemia condition has worsen. Her mother couldn't take the blow and cried really hard. As for me, it really hurts, but I gotta do something here.

I went back to our house and brought my guitar, then rushed back to the hospital to see her again, my sunshine.

As usual, I sat besides her bed and sang while strumming my guitar, singing another song entitled perfect.

She reached onto the sleeve of my shirt and slowly speaks "Can... yo..you.. play that... song... again?", I answered her and bowed before her and face her with a big smile, "As you wish, mi amor".

I play the guitar, singing the song you are my sunshine. I saw her smile, and signaled me to go closer to her.

She held my face, with her right hand which shivers. I lean in closer to hear what she wants to say "te amo mi amor, saranghae, aishiteru, I love you" she smiles again after saying that, I continue to sing.

🎶🎶🎶 🎶🎶🎶
You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
🎶🎶🎶 🎶🎶🎶

I looked at her while singing that part of the song. I noticed a year drops from her face.

🎶🎶🎶 🎶🎶🎶
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away
🎶🎶🎶 🎶🎶🎶

I stopped playing the guitar as I noticed her taking her breath really hard, I don't wanna see her like this! Please God, don't take my sunshine away from me. I held her hand, like I don't wanna let it go.

"Love, let the sky cross our paths again, in another life, I'll always be your girl" she slowly closed her eyes while saying those words slowly, her breath is really slow as if she was catching up so much that another minute now... she'll be taken away from me.

"Yes, please open your eyes again let me see your smile again love, please" a drop of tear runs down my flushed cheeks. She again, slowly reached her arms out and slowly open her eyes and said "I bid you adieu, mi amor".

Her hand dropped dead. I am still in the can't believe state of shock. I held her hands again, tightly, just in getting to know that, she's... already gone from me.

I blazed the alarm to notify the doctor and alleviate her from that state. Her parents and I are now outside, while the doctors are trying to save her life.

The door to that room is now open, the doctor went out and said this clearly, "It can't be helped, we did our best to save your daughter but to no avail, we're sorry ma'am and sir" her mother went down on her knees and cried really hard, and I looked back, I don't want them to see me like this. She's gone.

Many days later after her death, I still couldn't accept it totally, it drives me crazy! I can't, I don't know what to do or feel, it's like the world ended in just a snap!

I didn't attend her funeral, I disclose myself away from people. I shut my doors and cried alone. My mom intends to bring me some food but I don't wanna eat, I don't have the leisure to.

A week after her funeral, I went there, brought my guitar with me, while bringing a flower. I sat down right in front of the tombstone with her name written on it. I looked above and smile.

I strum my guitar again and sing...

🎶🎶🎶 🎶🎶🎶
The other night, dear
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you
In my arms
When I awoke, dear
I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried
You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away
🎶🎶🎶 🎶🎶🎶

(You're at the end of the story, hope you like it, Sincerely Yours, Mikan)