Lesson twist

Eliana's POV:

It actually doesn't surprise me that much when Millie jogs in and tells us she's bailing, shoving the instructor duty onto Elody. And I don't mind either, but Elody certainly does. What surprises me most is that she doesn't complain about having to be alone with me but-
"Oh my god, Millie what the hell am I supposed to do in a beginner's lesson? I have done lessons for people on the same level as me but what do I do with her?" She gestures to me before continuing on with tacking up.

Millie rubs her temples: "Let her walk, poles, try a trot-" I snort: "No." Millie glares: "Fine. No trot, tack up Star and go for a walk. I don't know, whatever but I need to go because if I don't my dad might actually come over here and cry. Lots of kisses." She kisses Elody's cheek and is out the door. Elody starts grumbling and I can't help but laugh, but she points at me, clearly forgetting she should be uncomfortable.

"You keep it shut or I'll make you gallop." I make a gesture that suggests I'm zipping my lips shut and keep silent as I study Mhyra who is simply looking at Elody as she tightens her girth.
"Mhyra, you are scaring me." Elody mumbles. Which makes my eyes widen: "Why is she scaring you?" Elody shakes her head: "Mhyra's calm but not this calm, definitely- oh god." She quickly pulls out her phone and dials who I assume is Millie, a mumbled conversation. Groaning and then the phone disappears.

"I'm going to need to get on her before you do. Don't be scared because I promise she's the sweetest, just hasn't gone for a while and it'll show when I'm on. Not when you're on, 'Kay?" Hesitantly I nod my head and then Elody takes a jump and is on the beast who's eyes widen playfully and she throws her head up. Damn me.

The moment Elody gets her into the arena, Mhyra starts acting difficult, refusing to take turns or stopping in the middle of the arena and then she just straight up starts running. My jaw falls open as the animal starts bucking and kicking and throwing her head, while Elody just sits tight and laughs. I don't find this laughable.  I'm supposed to get on that beast!

Elody's eyes lock with my wide open ones and she grins, my gaze lowers to her legs to see she's encouraging the horse to go faster, quicker. Shivering slightly from the sight as Elody sits back and simply lets the horse do her thing. Eventually Mhyra wants to slow down but Elody laughs and I hear her say: "Nah I don't think so, you wanted to run, now you're going to run." And run she certainly does. For another 15 minutes before Mhyra lowers her head and lets Elody lead her.

Elody is laughing. I'm supposed to get on that motherfucker: "Elody, this is not laughable!" I yell out and cross my arms, but she giggles and makes the now tired out horse walk over, then easily slides off and hands the whatever those things are to me so I can hold the horse.

"Sit tight, I'm going to go get Star." She says and jogs off, I glare at the mare from the corner of my eye and murmur: "Girl you act like that when I'm on you, and you and I are gonna have problems." Mhyra nudges me and huffs, as if to say: "Fuck you, you uptight bitch." Which makes me glare even harder, and when I look back up, there's gigantic black beast storming this way.

My eyes widen in panic but when I look closer, I see Elody on top of the thing. Oh for fuck's sake. She's riding without a saddle and no head thingy. But one they have on in the pens, and one of those leash things is loosely tied to it. That girl has a death wish. I frown at her and Elody gives me a sweet smile as the black beast comes to a stop next to me.

"It's fine, don't look at me like that." Elody tells me, but even Mhyra snorts and turns her head disapprovingly. And Elody. This girl. Sticks her tongue out at the horse. God help me with these two.