Chapter 2

"Care to dance?"

  I turn around to see a tall man. He isn't someone I've seen in the market before - and I've seen everyone. It's not a big town. He looks down to me with almost a smirk.

  "Only if you can keep up" I tease. His eyes are dark yet they still shine as I look into them. Next thing I know I'm pulled against his... muscular chest and dancing to the music.

  I don't know this man, but now I definitely want to. "Where are you from?" I finally get the courage to ask. "Oh, not far from here." He simply states. Maybe I shouldn't dance with someone I don't know but hey, I never do something like this.

  After the music ended, he left. That was it. Four sentences exchanged and then we probably won't see each other again. Probably the most exciting thing that would happen to me this week honestly.

  And then I went home. My life's boring, I know.

  But as soon as I walk through the door I hear "Jisung why are you back so late I'm starving!" My stepsister, Solar, says.

--------------------- time skip------------------

  It's been a week since I saw that man. I thought I would forget about him but he keeps popping up in my mind. He looked so... Strong, but gentle. Stern but kind. I can't help but think of how his eyes stared into mine-

  What am I doing?! I can't fall in love. I don't have time to be .. happy. Look at me, I'm currently on my knees scrubbing the floor like I always do. There's no room for this type of thing in my life....

    My stepmother walks in and glares at me. "I need you to escort me into town" she says. It's not a question- I have no choice but to go. I keep the ragged outfit I have on and head to town with her.

    We go into town and I carry her many bags. "I need to go to the jewelry store, you should wait outside. You don't deserve to be around such expensive things and you'll just embarrass me." She says coldly and I nod.

    We arrive at the jewelry store and I stand outside. I can't help but glance in the windows, looking at all the shinny jewelry. One thing in particular catches my eye- a glass shoe. I must've stared at it for too long because....

    "Oh? Are you interested in women's glass heels?" A man's voice says. I turn around, embarrassed. "I-im not interested in that kind of stuff-". I notice it's ok man I danced with and I gasp.

    He chuckles a bit "don't worry, I wasn't judging. You can like what you want". I blush a bit in embarrassment. "It's just ... They were pretty .." i explain.

    He smiles and nods. After a moment he speaks up again "I hope I'll be seeing you around more often. I have .. some things to do so I need to go."

    "Yeah, I'll see you..." And like that, he's gone again. My stepmother finishes up and we head home. Once I get inside I set all of my stepmother's bags on the table. "stepmother, where would you like these?"

    She rolls her eyes and gives me a look, a look that tells me I'm stupid. "In my room of course. I want you to sort the clothes how I like them - by color. I expect you to be done in twenty minutes." At that she walks off.

    Now, normally sorting clothes my color would be easy. Except my stepmother always wears dresses that are dull and it's hard to tell if it's a really dark purple or just a black. I do manage to do it in twenty minutes though.

    I go down and start to prepare our meal. There is a knock on the door so I go answer. It is a man in formal clothing. He clears his throat and reads from a piece of paper.

    "By his royal highness's degree, there will be a ball so prince Minho may find his spouse...."

-------------------------------------
Word count: 685

A little shorter lol. Unedited.